Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I'm confused

Solly has been one of our best players for the last month, and he gets dropped for the muppett that is Francis, discuss ?

Comments

• Options
    Add it to the list I suppose... it's growing.
  • Options
    We all know what Franny is capable of. Good and Bad.
    I am happy to trust Powell's judgement on this as he knows what playing full back is all about.
    If we could get him to cut all the silly mistakes out of his game then Franny would be a good No.2 for us.
    His height and crossing are a major boost.

Solly has neither of those two, and despite him being relatively Ok in games lately, I still don't think he is good enough.
  • Options
    slightly worried francis is staying
  • Options
    Solly has just signed a new contract so is obviously in the managers plans. Maybe a good game to look again at Francis, before he decides on his full back options for next season.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Not sure where the myth that Francis' crossing is great comes from -- usually hits the first defender.

In answer to NSS: perhaps CP has established that Solly is staying, but he wants more evidence before deciding about Francis, so has to see him in more games.
  • Options
    Solly will be here next season, maybe as first choice.

Having Francis in the side gives him a chance to show he has a part to play next season aswell, although I expect a new RB to come in.
  • Options
    Francis is not good enough to play at the top end of league one. If he is our right back next season then I will b seriously concerned that we are going nowhere fast.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Solly will be here next season, maybe as first choice.

Having Francis in the side gives him a chance to show he has a part to play next season aswell, although I expect a new RB to come in.

If he's bringing in a new rb then why would he need solely AND possibly Francis? Like someone else just said, solly is clearly first choice with SF perhaps second choice. Are they good enough for a promotion push?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]slightly worried francis is staying

2 year contract
  • Options
    good mesage to a 19 year old, play well and your sub !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Danny Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Solly will be here next season, maybe as first choice.

If he's bringing in a new rb then why would he need solely AND possibly Francis? Like someone else just said, solly is clearly first choice with SF perhaps second choice. Are they good enough for a promotion push?

Meant Solly and either Francis/new RB not three RBs. If he brings in a new RB, expect Francis to leave.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]good mesage to a 19 year old, play well and your sub !!!

Sorry, I get where you're coming from but how do you know what CP might or might not have said to Solly?

Don't understand why people instantly assume the worst.
  • Options
    just think solly has had a season curtailed by injury's now he is fit he needs a run in the team.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]just think solly has had a season curtailed by injury's now he is fit he needs a run in the team.[/quote]

Reckon Powell is taking another look at Francis.Giving him a chance to show his worth if you like.No better time to do it.Solly's already in.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]slightly worried francis is staying[/quote]

He signed a two year deal.

On the whole I'll be happy if he stays and job shares with Solly, with the latter starting more games. We have bigger problems elsewhere that need solving - i.e. at centre back, at left back, a new goalkeeper, possibly replacing both Racon and Semedo...

We have two players at RB for next season, that's one less problem.
  • Options
    Is Solly really as good as people seem to suggest? I don't see it myself.
  • Options
    Considering what happened to Jenkinson, maybe Mr Powell has plans for Solly at Left Back
  • Options
    Solly ain't as good as people suggest, Francis ain't as bad...