Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reid Keep or chuck

2»

Comments

• edited April 2011
    I find some of the comments about Reid quite astounding. How many times this past couple of seasons have we bemoaned the fact that none of our players can or are prepared to actually shoot. This is not the first time that Reid has scored this type of goal, Southend away springs to mind.
    He came on last week and put his hands up with the ball travelling towards his face at god knows how many mph, which happens to be a very instinctive reaction that is built into all of us.
    So he tripped over the ball, did the ball bobble, get stuck? did he deliberately trip over the ball?
    Has anyone actually considered that he has had very little game time since getting injured and losing his place to Jackson. Or that he may be desperate to prove himself to Powell and in doing so is trying too hard and making mistakes in the process.
    I don't know the guy and have seen very little of him, but the hatred directed at our players on occasions is of great concern to me, and it is very often directed at talented players who eventually move on, only to prove themselves at a higher standard.
    Lisbie missed what many considered "a sitter" at Watford and was crucified thereafter.
    It seems to me that Reid is becoming the new LIsbie in the eyes of some fans.
    Well done to Powell for giving him the opportunity yesterday to prove himself in a Charlton shirt, same with Francis. It's been a horror season for everyone, but Powell is at least giving all the players a fair crack of the whip before deciding on his squad for next season.
  • Keep could be a good back up
  • [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]I find some of the comments about Reid quite astounding. How many times this past couple of seasons have we bemoaned the fact that none of our players can or are prepared to actually shoot. This is not the first time that Reid has scored this type of goal, Southend away springs to mind.
    He came on last week and put his hands up with the ball travelling towards his face at god knows how many mph, which happens to be a very instinctive reaction that is built into all of us.
    So he tripped over the ball, did the ball bobble, get stuck? did he deliberately trip over the ball?
    Has anyone actually considered that he has had very little game time since getting injured and losing his place to Jackson. Or that he may be desperate to prove himself to Powell and in doing so is trying too hard and making mistakes in the process.
    I don't know the guy and have seen very little of him, but the hatred directed at our players on occasions is of great concern to me, and it is very often directed at talented players who eventually move on, only to prove themselves at a higher standard.
    Lisbie missed what many considered "a sitter" at Watford and was crucified thereafter.
    It seems to me that Reid is becoming the new LIsbie in the eyes of some fans.
    Well done to Powell for giving him the opportunity yesterday to prove himself in a Charlton shirt, same with Francis. It's been a horror season for everyone, but Powell is at least giving all the players a fair crack of the whip before deciding on his squad for next season.

This
  • To gain promotion you need consistency. We had better players than Millwall last season but they had the consistency and won promotion and have build on it this year. I don't think we will get very far relying on flair players like Reid. So it is a no from me.
  • [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Brighton have 11 players who give it week in week out. Reid does definitely not fall into this category.

It's a no from me.

Agree
  • Chuck- no excuses for his performances at times this season, has made no impact since October until yesterday when he scored a belter but then ruined it with a stupid game changing sending off.

However he will go somewhere else, play really well and look the player we know he can be and this thread will be bumped everytime he scores, gets a MOM and inevitably plays well against us.

FACT
  • Just to play devil's advocate:

. We have been poor this season.
    . Reid has not played this season.

COINCIDENCE???!!!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Chuck- no excuses for his performances at times this season, has made no impact since October until yesterday when he scored a belter but then ruined it with a stupid game changing sending off.

However he will go somewhere else, play really well and look the player we know he can be and this thread will be bumped everytime he scores, gets a MOM and inevitably plays well against us.

FACT[/quote]
    Yeah I agree with the last part but really the only reason he has had no impact since October because he got injured and Jackson took his place and he barely left the dug out ever since. But unfair to blame him for that
  • FACT[/quote]
    Yeah I agree with the last part but really the only reason he has had no impact since October because he got injured and Jackson took his place and he barely left the dug out ever since. But unfair to blame him for that[/quote]

That's no excuse. Our fans expect him to come on for the last ten minutes as a sub and score a hatrick, anything less and he's a useless ****.
  • Keep him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Let him go
  • I think he falls into the same catagery as Ambrose. Blow hot and cold for us, be a great influence at another club.
    Charltonised.
  • Tough one, he hasn't played well most of this season but at his best he is easily good enough for a promotion winning team from this league. He seems to have lost his confidence since losing his place in the side. On balance, keep.
  • Close call, but I feel if he still has time on his contract we should keep him.
  • [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]Close call, but I feel if he still has time on his contract we should keep him.

If he still has time on his contract then we have no option anyway. Thankfully though he hasnt so it's cheerio from me.
  • Keep him. He lost form when jd was dropped