Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

bunting

edited April 2011 in Not Sports Related
ive started to notice some quite impressive bunting going up now, and i gotta say i like walking about and seeing all the union jacks and england flags flying high! and good that its not just for being in a world cup or euro tournament for the footy... just got a nice feeling from it all and a certain amount of pride that were together as a country and up for a celebration and not afraid to show it. i think we could all do with forgetting our troubles for just a couple of weekends and do what we do best... enjoying a good old knees'up!

anyone else 'feeling' the bunting?

Comments

• Options
    just got some shopping for weekend in tescos and there are st george's flags all over the shop
  • Options
    Regent St looked good as I strolled down there last night.
  • Options
    Excuse to be pissed for most of the time I s'pose.

Interesting to see how long the bunting in certain places stays up. Either the hoodies will get there or the PC Council hoodies will say we can't display what might be considered to be offensive to other religions :)
  • Options
    My old History teacher was a communist - he reckoned events like Royal Weddings were just a way for the state to control the people by getting us to forget about the real problems the country faces.

He was a cynical old b&$^&!d!
  • Options
    Buntings not just for Christmas you know
  • Options
    The Reigate CAFC/St.George's day flag being raised this afternoon, just as soon as I mend the flagpole! A simple ceremony involving me,the flag, a bottle of cider and a deck chair.
  • Options
    boozers round Victoria St have England flags up and Union Flag bunting all over shops in the side streets.
  • Options
    The Bugle has all its England flag up inside ready for St George's day Party.

Spoof wedding video.

well i liked it..
  • Options
    Not really into royalty but anything that gives the country a sense of national pride and community spirit and an opportunity to celebrate together is great.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]The Bugle has all its England flag up inside ready for St George's day Party.

Spoof wedding video.

well i liked it..

Thanks for that - saves me having to watch the real thing (not that I intended to anyway).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]The Reigate CAFC/St.George's day flag being raised this afternoon, just as soon as I mend the flagpole! A simple ceremony involving me,the flag, a bottle of cider and a deck chair.

It will be good to see it again from the Valley Express.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]Not really into royalty but anything that gives the country a sense of national pride and community spirit and an opportunity to celebrate together is great.

Totally agree
  • Options
    WSA, cheers mate but it may not be flying next season: we might be moving in the summer.
  • Options
    Lovely non union jack bunting at the Mummers concert last night
  • Options
    Will be checking it out tonight Mr March!

My mate has had permission to get his street in Crawley closed off for the wedding and are having a good old fashioned street party! Tons of bunting going on there!