Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Squad - NOT CHARLTON RELATED!

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
England (squad):
Robinson (Tottenham), Foster (Watford), Kirkland (Wigan); Gary Neville (Man Utd), Phil Neville (Everton), Rio Ferdinand (Man Utd), Woodgate (Middlesbrough), Bridge (Chelsea), Terry (Chelsea), Carragher (Liverpool), Dawson (Tottenham), Richards (Man City); Lennon (Tottenham), Gerrard (Liverpool), Hargreaves (Bayern Munich), Carrick (Man Utd), Downing (Midd'boro), Wright-Phillips (Chelsea), Parker (Newcastle), Lampard (Chelsea), Barry (Aston Villa), Barton (Man City), Jenas (Tottenham), Dyer (Newcastle); Rooney (Man Utd), Crouch (Liverpool), Defoe (Tottenham), Johnson (Everton).

Comments

• Options
    How does Kirkland get in there ahead of Carson, James et al?
  • Options
    I'm sorry but how on gods green earth can Kirkland or Foster be picked ahead of Carson???????????
    & I thought Johnson was still injured?
  • Options
    mclaren, clueless punk so he is.
  • Options
    Maccaroni cheese was bang on the money.............clueless chump!
  • Options
    Carson should definitely be in the squad and after Robinson's wobbles this season - week in week out according to most Spurs fans - he ought to be given a run-out and the chance to show what he can do
  • Options
    And how does wright-philips make the squad, or Jenas, or P. Neville, or bloody Richardson! All very baffling. Even if p.Neville is playing well at Everton (which he is according to Evertonians I've spoken to), what possible possition is he going to play for england. There's already two right-backs (G.Neville and Richards) and Carragher offers additional cover, so he's not playing right back. He's not going to be playing right wing as SWP, Lennon and Gerrard can all play there, as can probably Jenas, Dyer and Richardson. And he's not going to be playing centre mid. So why pick him?
  • Options
    That cheating useless c*nt Johnson seems to be favourite with Mac just like SGE. Why does anyone rate him. Hes a one trick pony that plays for the penalty.
  • Options
    i'm glad to see fwank didn't get his way and keep barton out of the squad for daring to criticise his book.
  • Options
    lampard is a fat mug, i will be giving him stick tomorrow. fat mug
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I don't think anyone would disagree that Carson is better than Kirkland

But Carson is in the under 21 squad and will get a game, which is maybe better than being on the bench, whereas Kirkland is too old for the U21.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How does Hargreaves get in. Hasn't he been injured all season?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]How does Hargreaves get in. Hasn't he been injured all season?[/quote]

He's just back from injury and is scheduled to play in his first league game since the broken leg this weekend.

He was aiming to make a return in early January in friendlies (German Bundesliga only kicked off last week) but had a set back, but has been in full training the last two weeks - certainly he was at Bayern Munich's training camp in Dubai.
  • Options
    If Stevie Mac is truly the best English manager then bring back Sven!!
  • Options
    The whole England thing gets right up my nose. It's a friendly, there's nothing riding on it, so what is the point of putting Terry and Hargreaves in when they are only just coming back from injury? It'd make far more sense to try out one or two of the fringe players to give them a bit of experience than just sticking with the same old faces for the majority of the game, and maybe chucking someone on as sub for 10mins.
  • Options
    Isn't that what everyone was so unhappy with under Sven?

Always criticised him for playing players that aren't the starting 11, rather than use the friendlies to get the core group used to playing alongside one another.
  • Options
    The problem with Sven was he went too far the other way, so you'd have the core group playing together for 45 minutes, and then a load of subs playing together in the second half, so they never really got integrated with the core group either. If all you ever do is play your first choice players together, then when they get injured you don't have anyone with international experience waiting to step up.
  • Options
    Sven never took the friendlies seriously, doubtless getting fed up with the litany of excuses as players fulled out at the last minute citing sniffles and other ailments which invariably cleared up in time for the players to turn out for their clubs the following weekend. Not only was he a lousy tactician but he didn't have the balls or desire to take on the clubs over the friendlies and that started to show in lacklustre performances when the real thing came around.
  • Options
    BTW Hargreaves played last night and started for Bayern Munich - who lost three nil to Nuremberg.