Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Left in the Mhyre ?

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
Myhre chooses Viking
Norway's top soccer goalkeeper Thomas Myhre has decided to return home after years as a professional in England.
Stavanger Aftenblad reported that the national keeper was leaving English Premier League club Charlton after spending most of this season benched, and would likely choose his old Norwegian club Viking for his homecoming.

On Friday afternoon TV 2 News Channel reported that Myhre had landed in Norway and headed for final negotiations with the Stavanger club which plays in Norway's top league.

Myhre, who is also first choice for the national squad, was reportedly sought by most of Norway's top clubs, including Rosenborg, Lilllestrøm, Vålerenga and Stabæk.

could be if we have to rely on Randolph and Eliott. Randolph would have to play at Liverpool, possibly his debut, in a game that may make or break our season.

Comments

• Options
    * gulp *
  • Options
    And how does he do this outside the transfer window?
  • Options
    Randolph's back isn't he????
  • Options
    Irelands number 1, Irelands irelands number 1...

I believe certian countries have slightly different transfer windows based on their season finishing before Christmas - It includes most of the Scandi countries and Russia. Didn't we lose Smertin after the transfer window closed?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]And how does he do this outside the transfer window?

i IMAGINE WE release him from his contract, or he buys it out, and then he is a free agent.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]Randolph's back isn't he????

Randolh has never been away, it's Eliott who is back. NO first team appearances between them. Maybe Pards thinks if Carson gets injured we can get another keeper citing Special Circumstances but seeing as we've put purselves in this position I doubt that will wash. Not saying that Randolph isn't up to it but it would really be throwing him in at the deep end if it came to it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]And how does he do this outside the transfer window?

so are you saying henry that myhre has not left??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]so are you saying henry that myhre has not left??

Valley Gold members get the answer to that first, you'll have to wait.

Sorry, MCS, couldn't resist!
  • Options
    again sco, very droll dear very droll!
  • Options
    Not so I've heard but what do I know?

Russia is outside the window as we learnt but Smertin wasn't our player and Mhyre is. I'd be surprised if we'd let him go without an experienced keeper coming in. Of course we could sign some without a club (Bosnich - is he with a club) or get special dispensation to sign someone if we didn't have two pro keepers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't know when the Norwegian season starts or when their window opens to allow players to move, but it could be that as he's on the transfer list and currently injured that the club are allowing him some time to sort his future out now. Presumably if the club were happy to let him go they'd have done so in January? My guess is he'll stay until the end of the season and then move.
  • Options
    It cant be season time in Norway in Jan can it? The whole country is under about 2ft of snow!!