Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Adobe flash player

edited April 2011 in Troubleshooting
Now i'm hoping some of you computer wizz's can help me.

Went to watch something on iplayer the other day and it said i had the wrong flash player installed which i found odd as i'd been on there the day before.So i re-installed it,10.2 I think, with the link provided and eventually got it to work.Fine i thought.Next day went on you tube.same thing.
So re downloaded it and got it to go.But when i close the page and re open it's gone again.
Now i'm pretty hopeless a dredging up and disabling files etc so a solution in very simple laymens terms would be much appreciated.
I thankyou.

Comments

• Easiest thing to do would be to uninstall Flash player completely, then download and install it again. Look in Add/Remove programs and uninstall Flash Player - if you can't find an entry for it there, then I thindobe have an uninstaller available on their site somewhere. Then just Google 'install flash player' - the first link on adobe's site will take you to the installer. What browser are you using (Internet Explorer/Firefox/Opera etc)? If it's Firefox, you won't be able to run the installer whilst FF is open - you'll need to save it to your PC, close firefox then run it.

HTH
  • What Leroy said.

Did the same thing myself just the other day - which completely amazed me as I know absolutely f**k all about these things!
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]What Leroy said.

Did the same thing myself just the other day - which completely amazed me as I know absolutely f**k all about these things!
    Desktop computers are a piece of piss. Just don't be scared of them - that's the trick.
  • Thanks for that gents.Much appreciated.Scrubbed anything remotely Adobe and re-installed.Guess what.It still aint working!

It's there.I can see it.'Adobe flash player 10 activex ' is it's name.

Any other suggestions fellas?
  • Dug up old thread and not read any of it .

anyone know how to watch adobe guff on iPad 
    I can’t watch any bbc videos now , I used to be able to , what’s happened 
    I get this guff 
  • It’s no longer supported on IOS. Flash was dropped by all the major browsers on IOS (Chrome, Safari, Firefox).

There are some 3rd party browsers but it’s whether you want to install them or not.
  • IOS?

Does that mean Inter Orientated System?
  • i operating system. Apple like to stick i in front of everything.
  • Download Photon and use it as your browser. You need to read instructions.