Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gold

2»

Comments

• Options
    A question for you guys more in the know on this subject. Having looked at the online gold buying websites, it seems that when you factor in the varying commission you pay these sites for buying and then when you sell back to them, you need the raw price of gold to go up approx. 30% to be near a profit? is my maths at all correct? if not then i stand to be corrected, but i couldnt understand why you would wait for 30% increase before a profit?
  • Options
    From the Telegraph.

‘I invested in gold three years ago and lost 70pc – should I sell?’
    Both the bullion price and gold mining shares have racked up significant losses since 2011, so is it now time to sell?
    There are seven gold funds available to British investors, and on average they have lost 68pc over the past three years. An investor who ploughed £10,000 into one of these funds three years ago will today find that their investment has shrunk to just £3,200.
  • Options
    Well, I did warn.
    forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/46915/help-needed-on-investment/p1

I wonder what Eaststandpeter is up to now?
  • Options
    I know the crap i posted (BZM) hasn't quite gone according to plan either :-(
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Glad I never bought any gold. I was recommended to do so, but declined, as I thought the market was possibly already at the top end. I was right. Phew.
  • Options
    What about actual gold rather than shares, if you have gold jewellery that you bought as an investment rather than sentiment is now the time to sell or do you hold onto it in the hope that it rises in value again?
  • Options
    Hold on if you can for a few years.
  • Options
    Wait until the next recession. I'm sure it won't be too long :-)
  • Options
    Probably explains why Katrien wasn't mugged while program selling. No longer worth it.