Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

WATFORD AWAY - VG DEBATE RE-OPENED

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
seems they are charging a tenner for adults and oap's and a kid for a quid. Let's hope this time we take our FULL available allocation. At those prices we must sell out. Musn't we ??

Comments

• Options
    Agreed Large. Not sure I'd take my 9 year old though, things could be knife edge
  • Options
    yeah but they are very friendly there.
  • Options
    Hopefully it's Valley Gold only at the game
  • Options
    yeah, could do with a good kip !
  • Options
    i was going anyway but now i might take all the kids,they will blend in with the WATFORD CHA CHA CHA crowd.God it used to be like going to a ENGLAND schoolboys game I wonder if it still is.
  • Options
    I think my valley gold will get dusted off for that one. i will try to act to sterotype and not make a noise........
  • Options
    please don't be VG!
  • Options
    depends on how many we can get our hands on. I'll try and find out.
  • Options
    from a purely selfish point of view i've been to 7 away games this season and am VGless so i've potentially got no guarantee of a ticket for a game i'm coming down from sheffield especially for - where's the fairness?

i'm sure there are plenty like me
  • Options
    Shall we have a Friday afternoon VG debate? Where are you Suzi?

Or shall we leave it :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]from a purely selfish point of view i've been to 7 away games this season and am VGless so i've potentially got no guarantee of a ticket for a game i'm coming down from sheffield especially for - where's the fairness?

i'm sure there are plenty like me

I'll be there
  • Options
    I remember going there & when they used to sing ' Give us a W ' they couldn't pronounce it properly & it used to come out ' give us a wubble you ' me & KB nearly wet ourselves!!!!
  • Options
    VG should have NOTHING to do with ticket allocation. Stubs from previous away games should have more influence over allocation. Those at Bolton, and I wasn't, should have first dibs imo.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]VG should have NOTHING to do with ticket allocation. Stubs from previous away games should have more influence over allocation. Those at Bolton, and I wasn't, should have first dibs imo.

agree
    although am VG & have been from the start
  • Options
    If you do not subscribed to Valley Gold then your not a true Charlton fan - FACT
  • Options
    I am VG but don't agree with it's usage on ticket allocation.
  • Options
    If they remove ticket priority from VG then I would leave the scheme. FACT
  • Options
    i'll be VG next year as 1905 is paying for my subscription as its "only a tenner a month"
  • Options
    if VG continues i agree it needs to have some kind of ticketing benefit

however, when you reach a certain number of away games stubs, even if you aren't VG surely you should be rewarded with that same privilege

how much is VG a year?

surely that money doesn't compare to how much some supporters spend on getting to and seeing charlton away from home
  • Options
    "surely that money doesn't compare to how much some supporters spend on getting to and seeing charlton away from home"

My argument is, if you have the money to travel the country then £10 a month for VG should not even appear on the financial radar.

This is great it actually does feel like groundhog day now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    £120
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/citeThis is great it actually does feel like groundhog day now.

hahahahaha blame Rothko
  • Options
    sorry to bring the debate back guys... but i think people travel the country to support charlton as most of the time they MAKE the money to do it available, not just because it's mooching around... saving £120 a year could get you to quite a few more games
  • Options
    £120 Is a good night out!if you cant get a ticket bunk in
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/citeThis is great it actually does feel like groundhog day now.[/cite]
    [cite]

hahahahaha blame Rothko[/cite]

ME! OH yeah, hehe
  • Options
    personally, i can't afford to just throw £120 into a youth system that's done bugger all since fortune... are some people with VG feeling a bit dispondant about what exactly their hard-earned cash is going on? just wondering if people are starting to drift away from it considering the lack of apparent breakthroughs
  • Options
    whoever said if you are not VG you are not a true Charlton fan is a dick.i woz vip and don't get any priority anymore
  • Options
    "saving £120 a year could get you to quite a few more games "

Like how many? One in NW or NE, I reckon.

When I did them all bar one (Spurs amazingly) I spent over £2K (this involved some overnighters). The £120 insurance to get the tickets was a snip.
  • Options
    I was in the scheme for years but came out of it and put it towards a saving plan for my daughter
  • Options
    and then we pay good money for Gislason and then lose him without having played a game. Saying that Lisbie did come through the system and I reckon he'll make a name for himself in the game.