Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Prince Albert, Greenwich

edited April 2011 in Not Sports Related
I know there are (were) at least a few people of here that used to frequent the Albert and it was always a decent pub for a light ale and a game of pool.

Went in there earlier today and was talking to the landlord. Just wondering what the people thought of it now?

Genuinely interested, rather than wanting to implant my opinion< etc..

Comments

• Options
    Used to love the old Albert, great boozer, darts, footie, pool, a good jukie and lovely rolls. I thought the prince of the south was soleless and lacked the old feel of the Alb.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]Used to love the old Albert, great boozer, darts, footie, pool, a good jukie and lovely rolls. I thought the prince of the south was soleless and lacked the old feel of the Alb.

Not to mention the fact that it is completely empty. Really weird pub now. The fellas got scrabble out on the bar, but there's nobody to play it.

Reminds me of the Morden Arms now.
  • Options
    Used to be a lovely old proper pub, which complemented the Union and the Richard I. Great pub to watch football in too. Refurbing it to ape them was a stupid idea. Never seen more than six people in there.

The Morden's alright - linked with the Birds' Nest on Deptford Church Street.
  • Options
    Old Friends near Greenwich hospital anyone?
  • Options
    I used to go to The Albert with CHG before home games. Was a proper old pub, not been since the refurb but has been ruined by all accounts. Sad.
  • Options
    The Old Friends is due for demolition. Next door, the Ship & Billet (Frog & Radiator) is up for sale.

Further down Trafalgar Road, the William IV is due to be turned into a "sports bar", but as yet nothing's happened.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]The Old Friends is due for demolition..
    Not a minute too f***ing soon either. Moodiest shithole I've ever been in. In fact, last time I went in there about fifteen years ago it looked like it had already been demolished.
  • Options
    Pelton Arms. Best pub in East Greenwich.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Pelton Arms. Best pub in East Greenwich.
    With the Vanborough a close second.
  • Options

wasnt it used as the nags head for rock and chips?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]

wasnt it used as the nags head for rock and chips?

Yes. Still has a couple of the props inside, and THE NAG'S HEAD over one entrance.