Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bank holiday question

edited April 2011 in Not Sports Related
Just want to know if the 29th of April (Will and Kate's Wedding) will be a bank holiday and does my company have to pay me for it? (or where I can find out the information on this matter)

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Will and Kate who?
  • Options
    I believe it is, as I'm taking that week off and only 3 days count as hols.

I'm off to Oggy land where they will have no idea there is a wedding on, being an independent county.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Gumbo[/cite]Just want to know if the 29th of April (Will and Kate's Wedding) will be a bank holiday and does my company have to pay me for it? (or where I can find out the information on this matter)

Thanks

If you get paid for all other bank holidays then yes.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveStorry[/cite]I'm off to Oggy land where they will have no idea there is a wedding on, being an independent county.

What wedding? But if the tourists come, we can rip them off for car parking and pasties.

Independant Country, young Mr Storry.
    We have our own flag, Patron Saint, breweries, cheese quarries and virtually dormant Celtic language.

We let you cross the bridge for free.
    But you must pay to escape.
  • Options
    Thanks for your help
  • Options
    Sorry Oggy I meant Country.

Love seeing the flag as I cross the border, and it's great that the petrol is so cheap, subsidised by the pasties !!

Struggling with the language though but getting there.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Dave Storry ...... come to Cornwall now!

Today the sun is actually shining and it's forecast to be a good weekend.
    No guarantees it'll be nice weather on the 29th.

In fact in the immortal words of OoooohAaaaagh, I'd say 5% sunshine, 20% fog, 85% pissing rain.
    The sums don't add up? That's Cornwall for you.
  • Options
    Oggy

It always shines in Cornwall, we come down 3 or 4 times a year and genuinely always have decent weather.

We've got relations overlooking Swanpoool, beach in Falmouth.
    The bad weather seems to stay at sea. I'm sure there are a few rough days but I've yet to see them.

It's pretty good up here today too, plenty of booze and some of the younger female element seem to have forgotten to get dressed today !
  • Options
    Make sure its still shining first week of June please Mr Oggy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Your employers dont have to give you the day off.
    Just as with all other bank holidays it is at your employers discretion.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]Make sure its still shining first week of June please Mr Oggy

I'll do my best, Mr Creepy.

Even if it rains, there's always the pub ...... choose from St Austell ales 'Tribute'; Sharpes 'Doombar'; and Skinners of Truro
    do a nice drop of 'Betty Stoggs' or Cornish Knocker'.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveStorry[/cite]
    It always shines in Cornwall, we come down 3 or 4 times a year and genuinely always have decent weather.

We've got relations overlooking Swanpoool, beach in Falmouth.
    Blimey, you are lucky. I'll have to move to Foulmouth.

[cite]Posted By: DaveStorry[/cite]It's pretty good up here today too, plenty of booze and some of the younger female element seem to have forgotten to get dressed today !
    I know. Don't you just love sunny weather and the girls dress to get looked at.....?
  • Options
    NHS staff dont get it as a bank holiday. One day extra annual leave instead. If I work on day of wedding which as it's a Friday I will. I will receive flat rate of pay not double time BH rate.
  • Options
    Oggy, what's all this 'we' this and 'we' that business. I thought you had to live there for 300 years before they even emptied your dustbin. Or have you bribed them all with pints of mead!
  • Options
    Never got a single hour of overtime at the bbc when I worked there!, and always had to work on bank holidays! except christmas and boxing day!

My department was a tight arsed bunch though , so if you worked weekends, you might have a day off for 'compensation' .

press day's were a night mare 14 hour shift of being there!, but you had all the free tea you could make yourself!

Made me laugh when top execs were claiming kitkat bars,on there £200,000 basic! and quite what Allan Yentob spent '£140 on lemons' one weekend makes the mind boggel!

Still, I am sure she tasted nice!, although a little 'sharp' even for my bitter taste!........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]Oggy, what's all this 'we' this and 'we' that business. I thought you had to live there for 300 years before they even emptied your dustbin. Or have you bribed them all with pints of mead!

I was Cornish in a previous incarnation, Mr March. Can't you tell?
    Now I've been here longer than half of the village who were actually born here!

Mind you, they are rum lot further west. No telling what they get up to.
  • Options
    Ah, the Wicker Man eh? Know what you mean mate.