Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Portugal Bailout 2011

Portugal tonight admitted they will need bailing out with the help of the european union

How about the Fa help out by paying portugal some money to allow a certain Jose Semedo to play for England. It would solve the Gerrard/Lumplard problem :D

Comments

• edited April 2011
    You can be sure that Cameron will have absolutely no difficulty in finding billions to lob at Portugal and bail the Euro out, even though we are not in the damned thing, if commanded to by his Masters in Brussels.

Yet there is not enough money for England to have a proper NHS and English students are forced to pay evermore for their education.

The Class War is no longer Upper and or Middle v Working but Political v People.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]You can be sure that Cameron will have absolutely no difficulty in finding billions to lob at Portugal and bail the Euro out, even though we are not in the damned thing, if commanded to by his Masters in Brussels.

Yet there is not enough money for England to have a proper NHS and English students are forced to pay evermore for their education.

The Class War is no longer Upper and or Middle v Working but Political v People.
    He has no say in the matter. Britain has no veto power over the EU bail-out fund. And I'd still rather be more closely-aligned with Europe than the US - Jesus Henry Christ they are headed for a massive fall.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]

.[/quote]

But they can find £650m for Pakistan

Amazing
  • And a superfast rail link?
  • I might apply for a EU bailout.
  • [cite]Posted By: Mendonca In Asdas[/cite]And a superfast rail link?

Good bout time
  • Not to mention the cuts to the armed forces. Wonder if cameron/clegg will take pay cuts
  • I guess it would speed up trips to away games? But have we got the dosh to build it?
  • [cite]Posted By: O-Randy-Hunt[/cite]Not to mention the cuts to the armed forces. Wonder if cameron/clegg will take pay cuts
    MP pay cut.
  • [cite]Posted By: O-Randy-Hunt[/cite]Not to mention the cuts to the armed forces. Wonder if cameron/clegg will take pay cuts

If only they had a choice...
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]

Amazing

The money for Pakistan is to make up for the diplomatic cock up made by Cameron last year.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]

.[/quote]

Amazing[/quote]

The money for Pakistan is to make up for the diplomatic cock up made by Cameron last year.[/quote]

Not bothered about whose cock up as for offending Muslims all you need to do is cook bacon and they are up in arms and burning the bible rioting and burning flags so TBH F**k em just hate to see another £650m leave the country when Jobs are going left right and centre our armed forces are being cut back when Islamists are the main threat to us. Also our own education system is facing Billions in cuts but we have money to give there schools.

Totally wrong
  • How many years would we have to stop giving aid to countries around the world , to sort out our debt and get the country running again. Would be interesting to know.
  • [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]

Amazing

The money for Pakistan is to make up for the diplomatic cock up made by Cameron last year.

Not bothered about whose cock up as for offending Muslims all you need to do is cook bacon and they are up in arms and burning the bible rioting and burning flags so TBH F**k em just hate to see another £650m leave the country when Jobs are going left right and centre our armed forces are being cut back when Islamists are the main threat to us. Also our own education system is facing Billions in cuts but we have money to give there schools.

Totally wrong

I agree with the bit about giving the money to Pakistan when it could be used here. What I am saying is before playing the big man on the world stage, Cameron should have engaged his brain. So thats £650m more cuts that need to be made or aren't saved from the axe. Whilst I agreed with what he said, it was still a cock up and you should be bothered when our politicians make them.
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]How many years would we have to stop giving aid to countries around the world , to sort out our debt and get the country running again. Would be interesting to know.

We should at least have a bloody good look at who we are giving money to. I think that we are still giving aid to China and India which is ridiculous. I'm unemployed at the moment, I don't give money to charity at the moment.
  • 80 billion euros is the number suggested to bail them out. And Britain could be asked for as much as 3 billion euros.

Can we not sort out this country first?
  • [cite]Posted By: Macronate[/cite]80 billion euros is the number suggested to bail them out. And Britain could be asked for as much as 3 billion euros.

Can we not sort out this country first?

Not if the EU say we can't
  • What interest rate are we charging? If it's like Wonga.com we could all be quids in!
  • [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Not bothered about whose cock up as for offending Muslims all you need to do is cook bacon and they are up in arms and burning the bible rioting and burning flags so TBH F**k em just hate to see another £650m leave the country when Jobs are going left right and centre our armed forces are being cut back when Islamists are the main threat to us. Also our own education system is facing Billions in cuts but we have money to give there schools.

Totally wrong
    Congratulations - that may just be the single most ignorant post I've ever read on here.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Not bothered about whose cock up as for offending Muslims all you need to do is cook bacon and they are up in arms and burning the bible rioting and burning flags so TBH F**k em just hate to see another £650m leave the country when Jobs are going left right and centre our armed forces are being cut back when Islamists are the main threat to us. Also our own education system is facing Billions in cuts but we have money to give there schools.

Totally wrong
    Congratulations - that may just be the single most ignorant post I've ever read on here.

Which part?
  • Portugal should refer to the Grand National 2011 thread and all their problems will be sorted.
  • [

[quote][cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Not bothered about whose cock up as for offending Muslims all you need to do is cook bacon and they are up in arms and burning the bible rioting and burning flags so TBH F**k em just hate to see another £650m leave the country when Jobs are going left right and centre our armed forces are being cut back when Islamists are the main threat to us. Also our own education system is facing Billions in cuts but we have money to give there schools.

Totally wrong[/quote]Congratulations - that may just be the single most ignorant post I've ever read on here.[/quote]

Thank you and i dont think i will lose much sleep over it

Really the MOST blimey you dont read many post then
  • [cite]Posted By: Robbo on the wing[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Not bothered about whose cock up as for offending Muslims all you need to do is cook bacon and they are up in arms and burning the bible rioting and burning flags so TBH F**k em just hate to see another £650m leave the country when Jobs are going left right and centre our armed forces are being cut back when Islamists are the main threat to us. Also our own education system is facing Billions in cuts but we have money to give there schools.

Totally wrong

Which part?
    Actually - pretty much all of it - but the part about cooking bacon is especially slavering and idiotic.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Robbo on the wing[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Not bothered about whose cock up as for offending Muslims all you need to do is cook bacon and they are up in arms and burning the bible rioting and burning flags so TBH F**k em just hate to see another £650m leave the country when Jobs are going left right and centre our armed forces are being cut back when Islamists are the main threat to us. Also our own education system is facing Billions in cuts but we have money to give there schools.

Totally wrong[/quote]Congratulations - that may just be the single most ignorant post I've ever read on here.[/quote]

Which part?[/quote]
    Actually - pretty much all of it - but the part about cooking bacon is especially slavering and idiotic.[/quote]

Yopu not read about the cafe in Coventry who are fighting the fact the local Muslims have complained that teh smell of bacon is offending them?

Will try and find the article it was in the papers a week or so ago

So yeah real idiotic i take it you meant them not me ;-)
  • Are we giving aid to Coventry now?

That's just going too far.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Are we giving aid to Coventry now?

That's just going too far.[/quote]

:-)
  • God he's a handsome chap. Anyone got his number?
  • I'm no expert but it seems to my simple mind that the bail out is about protecting a currency (the Euro) which we are not part of. Surely the only countries that should sign up to that are those using the Euro. Having said that, maybe somebody who is more enlightened than me can explain the importance to this country of the Euro not failing and then of course it would be easy to understand and justify helping them out.