Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cricket

Looks like we're finally going to beat the Aussies!!

Comments

• Options
    187 -8 with Symonds retired hurt looks like a win and bonus point!
  • Options
    after 89 days....we're victorious by 92 runs!!
  • Options
    excellent, appy days! plunketts bowling figures are fine, very fine indeed.
  • Options
    Did we get the bonus point?

Yipee! At Last!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]Did we get the bonus point?

[/quote]

Yep we get the bonus point.

That takes England level with the Kiwis on 9 points, but I think they have the slightly better batting rate.
  • Options
    Blimey we win a game & the Messages start up again, fair weather England supporters the lot of ya, not heard a peep from any of you since the Third test..! LOL
  • Options
    ScoSco
    edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Blimey we win a game & the Messages start up again, fair weather England supporters the lot of ya, not heard a peep from any of you since the Third test..! LOL

I shall remember to celebrate the next time we lose. I actually find England being rubbish at cricket harder to take than our national footy team doing likewise. A very unforgiving game to play is cricket.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    i've been listening to most of the matches when i get to work for the last couple of hours of each game.
    just not been anything of any interest to report!!
  • Options
    I feel a few Knighthoods coming on.....
  • Options
    dont listen to ket 'cricket no nothing' man! he knows nothing about cricket, and is jealous
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    England to beat Aussies, Charlton to beat Chelsea. I wonder what odds I could have got on that??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]I feel a few Knighthoods coming on.....

That is fair comment though.
  • Options
    I consider myself to be fairly knowledgeable when it comes to leather on willow.

But who is Bopara? I have never heard of him and would be pretty confident of matching most cricket players with county.
  • Options
    i've only just got to work, i wanted to savour as much of it as possible this morning! at last we beat them!
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Bopara is an all rounder that plays for Essex the 1 day champions - good to see that the management has decided to play a player from the one day kings. I would also like to see Foster the young wicket keeper in their.
  • Options
    Fine Congratulations England on beating an Australia side that had absolotely nothing to play for! LOL
  • Options
    imagine what the c***s would've been like if we finished the tour without beating them!? i'm certainly gonna feel happier walking into a pub in central london tonight.
  • Options
    Yeah, I have lived in Brisbane for 10 years and been here for three Ashes tours and seen three sound thrashings delivered by the Aussies but on this tour things have been so bad that they have been willing us on to beat them just so they can have a decent contest.

For all their faults the Aussies really do love a great sporting contest, the great Windies teams of the 80's-to mid 90's are revered here far more than they are in England and there is a real disappointment here that England have been so poor.

I sent a group text to about a dozen of my Aussie mates after the final run-out and how many do you think have replied. Yep, that's right.
  • Options
    "Bopara is an all rounder that plays for Essex the 1 day champions - good to see that the management has decided to play a player from the one day kings. I would also like to see Foster the young wicket keeper in their."

Cheers Pete. I googled him and he looks solid enough without doing anything too remarkable. A good debut though.

W/k is a problem area. I thought Jones would go on to be a great batsman/wk but his form is shot. Read has never been up to the big stage. Try Foster? Why not, because not much else around including Nixon.
  • Options
    Russell Crowe, Clive James, Kylie Minugue, Rolf Harris, Dame Nellie Melba - can you hear me? Your boys took a hell of a beating.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]I consider myself to be fairly knowledgeable when it comes to leather on willow.

But who is Bopara? I have never heard of him and would be pretty confident of matching most cricket players with county.

Essex 1905 ... Essex. I know you are a Man of Kent but please ...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]Essex 1905 ... Essex. I know you are a Man of Kent but please ...

What side of the Medway do you have to be from to be a Kentish man?
  • Options
    Man of Kent to the East. Kentish Man to the West.
  • Options
    Ta very much.
  • Options
    I have always known it to be N of Medway Kentish Man and South is Man of Kent.

Riscardo - I am shocked myself because I do know a bit about the game, but this geezer i had never heard of! I will have to buy the Wisdom Who's Who.
  • Options
    i thought kentish man and man of kent is if your from kent your a man of of kent, and if you live in kent but born and bred somewhere else, say london, your a kentish man!

So i was born and brd in greenwich but now live in belvedererere or however youu spell it so i am now a kentish man??? savvy!

Although i no bugger all about kent, as ol ketters carlsberg gand carter will vouch, this is what i was told or heard from somewhere, although i could be wrong!

anyone no for sure??
  • Options
    I get called simply "a Kent" a lot, at least that what I think they say. Is this an abbreviated version?
  • Options
    From a google search...........

Well, it's quite straightforward. A Man of Kent comes from the area to the east of the River Medway and a Kentish Man comes from the west of the river. Pubs on either side of the divide have often adopted appropriate names. For example, there is a pub in East Peckham called 'The Man of Kent'...

So I was right.........
  • Options
    1905, so someone has spun me this lie! at least i am not a man of kent or a kentish man!

appy days