Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Priciest Charlton game ..

2»

Comments

• Options
    Rochdale away - cost me more than the two trips to Italy in the AIC.

Three lots of unused train tickets, two of them for family too, plus overnight in Manchester. North of £300 quid.

What a bargain!
  • Options
    £250 is the absolute MINIMUM I'll spend on an away game outside London these days. There's no point travelling unless you're gonna do a couple of nights in a hotel, imo. Most expensive in the UK was Hudd last season when I got mugged the night before the game and had everything (wallet, phone, etc) nicked. Reckon that weekend was probably about £500 all in, probably more than pre-season friendlies in Valencia, Antwerp, Copenhagen etc cost. Overall most expensive season was about ten years ago when I decided to go to every league game (no cup matches) home and away, hotels for every game outside London and flying if it was near Manchester or Newcastle airports (hate long train journeys). Kept a running total through the season, was just over £7k for the year, just for me, of which about three quarters was the away games. Yikes!
  • Options
    Valencia for me as well. Driving to and from Bristol, flights, constant drinking. Would have been pushing the 750 mark.
  • Options
    Agree with Airman Brown on this one.Rochdale away two trips over on a friday morning to find out 1st game is called off while driving up the M20 booked hotel for the weekend.2nd trip over on friday night to stay with friend in southwest London only to be told on saturday morning while waiting for train at Euston game called off.Had to make 3rd trip over with the wife and had hotel booked up in The Peak District.Was it worth it BIG FAT YES.
  • Options
    Not sure if it was the Chelsea away game where, on top of the match ticket, my car got towed for being parked in an unmarked resident bay.

or

The away trip to Birmingham when my exhaust fell apart right outside the ground jast as i was asking a policeman where was the best place to park.

or

Getting done for speeding on the M6 coming back from Goodison Park. Must have been doing about 95, old bill said it was 80 and and gave me a fixed penalty notice instead of making me come back to Runcorn for a court appearance so it could have been worse.

or

Flying to Newcastle and Plymouth on the Supporters Club chartered plane. I've still got the 14838 squadron badges somewhere.

or

Walsall away this year, hoping for a brill weekend, up on Friday back on Sunday, hopefully with a big hangover.
  • Options
    Rochdale for me too:

3 train tickets
    match tickets
    few drinks before the game
    few more after the game in manchester
    fair bit of junk food
    programme/newspapers/magazines

only saving grace was got a couple of mates who study up there so crashed at theirs for free.