Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Moral Dilemma

Meeting my Cousins boyfriend for the 1st time at the weekend, by all accounts he's a nice guy......BUT He's a Palace season ticket holder.

Now, do I..

a) Put one in for the family - be nice etc
b) Make snide comments about Simon Jordan and Palace, but not over do it
c) Sing "We sent the Palace Down" at the top of my voice and give him a hard time all day

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2007
    yes.
    then an optional shoeing.
  • Options
    number 3.....have you ever met a nice Palace fan ?
  • Options
    c followed by a good shoeing then some more of c

or on the other hand could well take the high ground and stand him up, refusing to communicate with what really is shit on your shoe
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]c followed by a good shoeing then some more of c

or on the other hand could well take the high ground and stand him up, refusing to communicate with what really is shit on your shoe

Hadn't thought of that one - d) complete no show!
  • Options
    b) but also make sure you don't miss an opportunity to trip him down the stairs or like.
  • Options
    at least he's an ST holder.

meet him dig him out at every opportunity has to be done to uphold the CHARLTON name
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    ive become a professional at option 2. mrs carlsberg's dad supports palace so i cant be to over the top but i can give the occasional discreet 'W**KERS!!' when ever they are brought into conversation. but defo dnt over do it mate
  • Options
    *Deep breath......take your time....you can do it....right.....here i go*

Now is the time to actually start being nice to Palace fans.

There, said it.

Massive chance we're playing them again next season, now is not the time to get all high and mighty. Be dignified, take the moral high ground, lure them into a false sense of security, then let them have it with every gun the minute we come straight back up next season.
  • Options
    D) Congratulate him on Palace finally having freed themselves of the curse of Uncle Ron, express concern as to whether they've been taken for a ride over the cost of the buying the ground, commiserate with him over what an embarrassment the orange one is, and ask whether he's worried about the rumours of Selhurst being sold off for housing.

In other words, take the piss but subtly, so he doesn't necessarily realise that you're doing it.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    My brother in law and all his family are Palace fans. They took the piss out of me unmercifully after they beat us in the play offs. I've been giving it back since. I showed them a family video which happened to be taken on the day we sent them down, featuring me singing "we sent the Palace down". God it was good (not the signing) but to see their reaction.

Take the piss as much as you can I say. Get your mobile out and say the immortal words "The futures bright, the chairman's orange"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    e) refuse to speak to your cousin ever again until she dumps him and persuade the rest of your family to follow suit and totally disown her until she rights this wrong. Believe me, there is no other way.
  • Options
    B.. see how he reacts to a couple of teasers... then if he he takes the bait & bites back...
    its the customary shoeing!!!
  • Options
    Beat the shit out of him then tell your cousin not to be so stupid in future
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Beat the shit out of him then tell your cousin not to be so stupid in future

this, then sing to him/it ' the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round, the wheels on the bus go round, over the palace Barsteward '
  • Options
    Depends, if you're like me and only see your cousins at family do's (weddings and the like) then I'd go for C, with "we sent the palace down" sung loudly at various intervals...and, of course, the obligatory "good shoeing"

If however you see them on a regular basis, then you probably need to be a bit more reserved and go for B with perhaps one burst of "we sent the palace down" at an appropriate moment.
  • Options
    Our neighbours and good friends have a palarce supporting muppet family member. Last fireworks night they had a party and this particular bloke was getting well pi55ed and singing 'glad all over' at the top of his voice in the garden.

Me and the kids looked at each other and without any instructions needed all went into our garden and sang 'our' Amirillo song with gusto. Took several loud verses before he got the message, but very satisfying.
  • Options
    "Beat the shit out of him then tell your cousin not to be so stupid in future "

Shag seems to have hit the right note. A bit of violence mixed with a bit of relationship counselling.