Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Friday Five

2»

Comments

• Options
    Jenkison

Twix

Cameron

Going up automatically

Hilarious Scot (most of the time)
  • Options
    Solly OR Jenkinson Solly

Twix OR Kit-Kat Twix

Clegg OR Cameron Both as annoying as each other
    CAFC Next season - Going up automatically OR Play-offs at best Auto

Frankie Boyle - Hilarious Scot OR annoying Jock Annoying
  • Options
    Solly
    Depends on how I'm feeling. There's no chocolate I turn down... usually.
    *Shudders* as a liberal with a small l, I suppose Clegg by default.
    Playoffs at best.
    Bit of both. Didn't think too much of him after the Down Syndrome debacle.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]

Clegg OR Cameron - Cameron. This man is proving himself to be a proper statesman. Something we've not had since Tony Blair. I think he will eclipse Blair soon as a real force on the world stage. Clegg, nice number two to have. I really do laugh when people go on about Cameron and Osborne etc running the country when they are so called silver spoon fed Eton/Harrow/Oxbridge types with loads of wealth. Good I say. They don't NEED the money but are prepared to take the job. MP's and especially Cabinet Ministers are grossly underpaid compared to the private sector. These guy are doing it and not for the money.

Ehm, the problem most people have with privately-educated, Oxbridge, white, middle and upper class males running the country is that they come from a ridiculously narrow social demographic. Just 27 (that's 4%) are from an ethnic minority. How, for example, is BoJo meant to know what it's like for a 17-year-old, poverty-stricken black male in Hackney or Peckham? The upbringing of a person naturally is reflected in their decision-making (with the possible exception of the Supreme Court at the moment, due to the HRA, but that's a different issue), and that's why government is so often considered unsatisfactory. MPs aren't that underpaid: the expenses scandal notwithstanding, they can claim their mortgages, other such household bills and a few other things, meaning that they essentially receive £65,738 as a lump sum with their accommodation paid for, as well as travel expenses and staff salaries.
  • Options
    Solly
    Twix and Kitcat
    Whats the difference?
    Playoffs
    Hilarious