Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Warning ! You've been "Charltonised"

Comments

• Options
    Gold the bunch we got now. lol
  • Options
    Noone mentioned Dennis Rommedahl?
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    6th post...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uie2[/cite]dennis rommedahl top player for denmark(still) disapointing for charlton apart from winner at palace
    [cite]Posted By: former addick[/cite]Noone mentioned Dennis Rommedahl?
  • Options
    Sorry. Tired. Time to go.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: former addick[/cite]Sorry. Tired. Time to go.[/quote]

ok mr lisbie, see you soon

[quote][cite]Posted By: Red5[/cite]How about a BROWN RANGE:

Players that were shite when they came and shite when they left?[/quote]

marcus bent
  • Options
    Andy Gray

Ralph Milne

Jesper Blomqvist
  • Options
    Old Gold - players at the age when many others would have retired, but through a combination of desire and professionalism come in and do the business.

I give you

Paulo Di Canio
    Christian Dailly
    And, going back a bit, Chris Whyte
  • Options
    Don't forget Bothroyd who is now being mentioned for a Cap.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Granpa[/cite]Don't forget Bothroyd who is now being mentioned for a Cap.

he got one coming on as a second half sub v france last november
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2011
  • Options
    For our older readers, pure platinum .......may I present to you, prolific centre forward Barry Endean:

Ex-Everton youth team, scored the winning goal for Watford in their FA Cup quarter final against Liverpool.
    In 2 seasons, scored 28 goals for Watford in 77 games.

The next year we paid good money for him, scoring just once during the whole bloody season for Charlton.
    Prolific my arse.

And then 18 goals for Blackburn Rovers, the next season.
  • Options
    McLeod was one of the worst players I've ever seen at Charlton, and that is saying something given what we've seen over the past 4 seasons. 

Having said that, its only fate that he signs for a League 1 club and scores against us...
  • Options
    Old Gold - players at the age when many others would have retired, but through a combination of desire and professionalism come in and do the business. I give you Paulo Di Canio Christian Dailly And, going back a bit, Chris Whyte

Going back further still Cliff Holton.

• Options
    edited June 2011
    Old Gold - players at the age when many others would have retired, but through a combination of desire and professionalism come in and do the business. I give you Paulo Di Canio Christian Dailly And, going back a bit, Chris Whyte

And, Ray Crawford. Arguably, Jim Melrose too.
  • Options
    Old gold - Jorge Costa
  • Options

And even further.. John Hewie
  • Options

John Hewie was indeed a great player for us but, as our third highest appearance maker, can it be said that he "came in" (as a veteran) and did the business?
  • Options

John Hewie was indeed a great player for us but, as our third highest appearance maker, can it be said that he "came in" (as a veteran) and did the business?

This is true LG, he came as a frisky youngster and left as a friskier oldster.

Harry Cripps?.. come on you old lions

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    For our older readers, pure platinum .......may I present to you, prolific centre forward Barry Endean:

Ex-Everton youth team, scored the winning goal for Watford in their FA Cup quarter final against Liverpool.
    In 2 seasons, scored 28 goals for Watford in 77 games.

The next year we paid good money for him, scoring just once during the whole bloody season for Charlton.
    Prolific my arse.

And then 18 goals for Blackburn Rovers, the next season.
    Was there some particular reason for his massive dip in form with us Oggy, or was he just bad?
  • Options
    Of course, there's the Fools Gold range - came from non-League promising a lot, but returned to non-League:

Les Burns
    Gary Churchouse
    Paul Gorman
    Cyril Davies
  • Options
    Eamon Dunphy was a bronze if ever there was.

Ralph Milne was a star platinum. Good in Scotland, awful for us and then does the biz for Manu!
  • Options
    Bit unfair on Cyril Davies, Thai MA.

He was a steady enough player, with a bit of flair......and good enough to win international recognition.
    Then got crippled by a 2-year long serious injury that wrecked his League career.
  • Options
    Hi Stig ......re Barry Endean.
    Well, it was 40 years ago now, but my recollection is of a player who was carrying a bit too much weight, lacking mobility and sharpness.

Funny thing, he did the biz for his previous club. And also the one we sold him to.
  • Options
    Bit unfair on Cyril Davies, Thai MA.

He was a steady enough player, with a bit of flair......and good enough to win international recognition.
    Then got crippled by a 2-year long serious injury that wrecked his League career.
    Fair comment, Oggy. He did come from non-League and return to it though.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Hi Stig ......re Barry Endean.
    Well, it was 40 years ago now, but my recollection is of a player who was carrying a bit too much weight, lacking mobility and sharpness.

Funny thing, he did the biz for his previous club. And also the one we sold him to.
    Cheers Oggy.  

I was reading about this.  Apparently when we got rid of Endean it was in a swap deal for Eamonn Rogers.  Rogers' record as a forward for Charlton was played 43, scored 3. So it sounds as if we even didn't get much out of Endean when he went. 
  • Options
    Oldies

Bronze Range - I give you - Andy Jones

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Red5[/cite]How about a BROWN RANGE: Players that were shite when they came and shite when they left?[/quote] Brown Range - Paddy McCarthy.
    Marcus Bent
  • Options
    Yassin Moutaouakil Nuff said!!!....................................