Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Betting

Anyone know where I can get odds on Charlton being relegated...still don't expect it but after today there is certainly a real possibility - may as well win a few quid so I can get go out and get hammered if it does happen.

Comments

• Options
    Athletico - advice from a betting man : don't EVER bet against your team.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adrian[/cite]Athletico - advice from a betting man : don't EVER bet against your team.

why?
  • Options
    real gamblers are superstitious
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Athletico Charlton[/cite]Anyone know where I can get odds on Charlton being relegated...still don't expect it but after today there is certainly a real possibility - may as well win a few quid so I can get go out and get hammered if it does happen.
    What odds do you want?
  • Options
    Odds on from what I saw today.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adrian[/cite]real gamblers are superstitious
    No, its unlucky to be superstitious
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Athletico Charlton[/cite]Anyone know where I can get odds on Charlton being relegated...still don't expect it but after today there is certainly a real possibility - may as well win a few quid so I can get go out and get hammered if it does happen.
    What odds do you want?
    i would say the odds should be around 20 /1 - 25/1
  • Options
    We were 100/1 about 3 weeks ago
  • Options
    20 to 1 you can back us to go down on betfair
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]20 to 1 you can back us to go down on betfair

Cheers - got 23's. Not happy to be doing it but at least it will fund a little holiday if the worst happens!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Athletico Charlton[/cite]Cheers - got 23's. Not happy to be doing it but at least it will fund a little holiday if the worst happens!

go for it... always look on the bright side of life (and all that)
  • Options
    Think ima make a betfair account, theyre doing a deal where if you place a first bet of £25 and it doesnt win theyll refund you... It makes me feel sick just contemplating it though, ive never bet against Charlton in my life
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Red5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Athletico Charlton[/cite]Cheers - got 23's. Not happy to be doing it but at least it will fund a little holiday if the worst happens!

go for it... always look on the bright side of life (and all that)

I still don't expect it to happen, and certainly would never want it to happen, but unlike others I do occasionally bet against Charlton because it tends to be more lucrative than betting for them and at least gives a very small silver lining when you are feeling despondent!

I also regularly bet for Palarse for the same reason - it is strange when you feel happy to have lost a bet!
  • Options
    If anyone is thinking about joining Betfair - if you put in this referral code 4NXVYDFMK and you will get £25 put into your account.
  • Options
    We're 100/1 to be relegated on Paddy Power, might put a couple quid on it.
  • Options
    cant find the odds for relegation on pp
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Athletico Charlton[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]20 to 1 you can back us to go down on betfair

Cheers - got 23's. Not happy to be doing it but at least it will fund a little holiday if the worst happens!
    Do you play for our first team?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyFred[/cite]We're 100/1 to be relegated on Paddy Power, might put a couple quid on it.

Where's this? Cant even find the market
  • Options
    Click on the 100/1
    Market no longer available
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    they probably haven't updated the prices
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Very rarely bet, but when we played Saints at St.Marys and they had never won in their new stadium, we were in an executive box and a lass came around with the betting slips, so knowing our ever reliable team I had a couple of bob on a home win and on 1-0 and 2-1 defeat. Paid for a goodly chunk of the train fare...

In the same spirit, I would not be in the least bit surprised if we turn them over on Tuesday.
  • Options
    Aah, I just looked on oddschecker.