Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dagenham 2 - 1 Charlton - Post match thread

Comments

• Options
    I was there and I honestly dont know what to say! I'm shell shocked!

Oh yes, caught up with Henry at the end and bought a couple of CL badges! Very nice too, The badges not Henry, although I'm sure he is as well!! Maybe!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]What old woman started moaning at us for standing up when she was in the top row, do believe she posts on here[/quote]
    Must have been you I heard on the Underground replacement bus going back to Barking?
    Suppose there was nothing else to shout about :-)
  • Options
    Good article on yesterday's game from Nathan Lugg in today's Football League Paper, though to say Tony Roberts was inciting the away fans is slighty petty. 14 Charlton players and the Management staff were more inciting the away fans with that woeful bunch of tripe they served up yesterday, than Roberts!!
  • Options
    A couple of people have mentioned "why bring on solly for fry"

For me, there is probably two reasons for this:

- Fry was playing terrible
    - Solly has only had 20 minutes football in about 6 months, so getting as many minutes under his belt will help him push for a starting place (perhaps not against the saints though)
  • Options
    Nathan, you are such a wally. That 'old' woman has more balls than you'll ever have standing up (no pun intended) to all you brave young men.

I noticed you sheepishly looking at the floor while I sold her a CL badge at HT. Was it because all your mates had left you on your todd?
  • Options
    ha ha told!!!!!!
  • Options
    For the first half hour I thought we looked quite bright especially Parrett who looked the part. The truth was though that Dagenham had two shots on goal in the first half and in Nurse and Green had players who worried us throughout.

Wagstaff did OK on the left but was never as effective after the heavy challenge on the half way line which rightly saw a yellow card for the Daggers player.

The defence is still the main worry and all we seemed to do was wild hacks away from danger which never seemed to get that far.

The strikers looked more despondent as the game wore on, BWP throwing his hands up in despair at one point after yet another over-hit through ball.

Perhaps on Tuesday as we are playing a good side we will raise our game. We certainly need it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Robert[/cite]A couple of people have mentioned "why bring on solly for fry"

For me, there is probably two reasons for this:

- Fry was playing terrible
    - Solly has only had 20 minutes football in about 6 months, so getting as many minutes under his belt will help him push for a starting place (perhaps not against the saints though)

Robert, the problem was that we were 2-0 at the time. I would have rather him taken Fry off and played an extra midfielder/forward to try and get us back in the game. I would rather him be positive at least even if that had meant losing 4-0! It also meant playing a right footed fullback at left back an unbalancing the side yet again. What on earth was Wagstaff doing playing left midfield when Racon or Reid could have played there. On a personal note, I don't rate Wagstaff at all, but I have to concede that he was probably our best player yesterday. I feel gutted at what has happened to out team and especially Powell who has been a hero to us all, but I'm sorry Chris as a manager, you don't have a clue.

On a seperate note, I said at the time we brought the wrong player from the Daggers in Benson, it should have been Danny Green and he proved me right. Great performance and voted MOM by sponsors. Waggy, I hope you were watching, that is how to play right midfield!
  • Options
    Good post , Tommy . Echo your thoughts.

I too felt Parrett made a difference to the shape of the team and his work ethic was to be applauded.Did I dream it ( nightmare?) or did he limp off the pitch at fulltime ?

I'm afraid I agree with an earlier poster - Fry is not the answer at the back. I don't think he's put in a solid performance for many a match - much as I don't like picking out individual players for criticism.

Let's hope those on the treatment table are soon match fit and give SCP a few more options to field a balanced, committed team - and by soon , I mean on Tuesday.

And Nathan.....I may be "old" but I do still have rights, you know.

Bet you enjoy singing " O South London..." But you can't even recognise a Fanny when you see one !
  • Options
    But why do you assume we were with the other lot who went in the terrace bit, just cos we're in the same age bracket, dont mean we converse with them
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yet another game where the team hasn't been set up properly. A novel idea to start with no width and therefore no service from the flanks to the big boys up front. Right-sided players on the left, central midfielders on the right, a centre back at left back, and a game-plan which degenerated into "let's hit long balls at the front two". BWP stood with his arms out-stretched and asked "what the F**k is going on" after yet another inaccurate high ball and you couldn't blame him.

Something is badly wrong with either, the pre-match planning, opposition scouting, team selection, or perhaps it's simply that the new manager hasn't got a scooby doo as to how to deal with such a bad slump as he's never been in this position before? 1 point from 24 and counting. Surely someone in the backroom staff is capable of sorting it out, there's 4 of them after all.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]ha ha told!!!!!!

You really are like the little weasel who stands behind the big bloke as he's pounding someone to the floor while making stupid cowardly comments .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]

You really are like the little weasel who stands behind the big bloke as he's pounding someone to the floor while making stupid cowardly comments .

You sure?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]

You sure?
    Absolutely
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Greenie[/cite]I was there and I honestly dont know what to say! I'm shell shocked!

Oh yes, caught up with Henry at the end and bought a couple of CL badges! Very nice too, The badges not Henry, although I'm sure he is as well!! Maybe!

The guy you met is really nice but that Henry Irving! Steer well clear if I was you.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    yeah that lady was well out of order, 'you're the kind of fans we dont want supporting charlton' get real
  • Options
    She's done more for this club and supporters than you will ever do.
  • Options
    whats that got to do with anything? so everyone ive been to more games than, i have the right to abuse? Okay cheers.
  • Options
    It comes down to respect in the end Mike. This isnt the right place for it but if Fanny asked you (or Nathan or whatever) to sit down then why couldnt you?
  • Options
    She didn't ask us to move. The first thing she said was linking us to all the lads that went an stood in the terrace and then said we dont want you at the club. If she would have politely said please can you sit down so I can see, we would have moved. In her view people that stand and sing are scum.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jesus, what has this all come to?......Id love to bollock the players to be honest...just for the unrest its causing amongst us supporters, all turning on each other....we will all (or most) still be supporting the club when this bunch of underachieving numpties are long gone......Im almost glad Im moving overseas again.....seeing us as a family of fans imploding is just plain sad.
  • Options
    Shame on you Mike. Must be a even bigger tosser than Nathan if you have to slag off an 'old' woman but didn't have either the balls to do it to her face or the decency not to slag her off on the internet.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Shame on you Mike. Must be a even bigger tosser than Nathan if you have to slag off an 'old' woman but didn't have either the balls to do it to her face or the decency not to slag her off on the internet.[/quote]

Could you be more hypocritical if you tried?

Your doing pretty much the same thing, Calling/Suggesting that their 'tossers' over the Internet!

Or are you above everyone else and allowed to do what you want on this forum?
  • Options
    not worth a proper response that post Henry
  • Options
    how rude bedsaddick, granted i have seen henry kick a few innocents on the floor and granted i have had a snigger from the shadows or lurked a tad but no need for that outburst mate.
  • Options
    I didn't think it could get much worse but f**k me. Own fans going at eachother, 7 defeats in 8.

Fans telling other fans they are not wanted folllowing Charlton is poor form at this stage of affairs, if of course, that is true.
  • Options
    The best one was when she said "sit down in your seats" when she was standing, hypocrite much
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Shame on you Mike. Must be a even bigger tosser than Nathan if you have to slag off an 'old' woman but didn't have either the balls to do it to her face or the decency not to slag her off on the internet.

Youre on a wind-up
  • Options
    I suppose its not unusual for football fans to argue over fanny.

Lighten up folks. we've got another game on Tuesday, so lets steel ourselves for that.
  • Options
    No offence in the least, Kap. My one sentence earlier was the end of the matter as far as I am concerned . Not me who chose to carry it on....However....

TBH if the stewards had done their job in the first place none of this would have happened. I don't have the energy to relate the whole sorry mess but suffice to say, I was wound up initially when a group of "young male supporters" had congregated in and around our seats in the back row of the stand , as we approached .It was obvious they wanted to stand there so I offered to swap our seats for theirs...Turned out they weren't sure where they were seated so that was that !

When the rest of our group arrived just before KO it was becoming ridiculous and a safety issue as they were standing/sitting on the stairway and blocking our and others views as well as making a nuisance of themselves and being as obnoxious as possible.

After 2 attempts to gain some action from the stewards, one laboured his way up the stairs, asked to see a ticket and then gestured towards said seat...By this time, it was taken by A N Other..So, the steward in chief (had a clipboard ) made the decision to lead them over to the standing area adjacent to our stand. The match had started by then and I'd lost the will to live.So when the 4 or so young guys in the row in front of us decided to stand up , I guess the last straw did what it usually does....Unfortunately, it would appear that a case of mistaken identity ensued and for tarring those lads with the same brush as the problematic lot I apologise.However, in mitigation , of course I was standing up when I asked them to sit down....I wouldn't have seen a thing if I hadn't ( IYKWIM)

However, if supporters would take their seats in an all seater area as the rules of the Club dictate, then no offence would have been given and none taken. I can stand with the best of 'em when it's the norm for a match ( playing Palarse at Selhurst was a prime example) No point in asking those in front to sit down as everyone was standing although I would still agree that for the elderly/infirm/little 'uns among us, we should be more considerate ...Yesterday's was definitely not a match of that kind.

Mike, Nathan and co - I'm big enough to apologise on here so I hope you'll accept my apology. If you're at Bournemouth and see me on the concourse, come up & introduce yourselves and I'll gladly buy you a drink. Hope that's the end of the matter.Although I do take umbrage at your comment that I think "people that stand & sing are scum " ...I sing along with most and shout too ( ask those around me in the East Stand) but I don't believe you have to stand to do so....

Jean/Fanny F