Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POTY so far

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
would be interested in your top three so far. Mine would be :

1. Scott Carson
2. Darren Bent
3. HH

Comments

• Options
    1. Carson
    2. El Kak
    3. Holland
  • Options
    Carson, Carson and Carson......nobody else even comes close to warranting a vote (apart from D Bent and Holland for the past month)
  • Options
    Carson as predicted by me pre-season. He would be the first player I tried to sign permananently at the end of the season.

Even if Bent scores another 10 goals to keep us up Carson has got to win it this year.
  • Options
    1. El Karkouri
    2. Carson
    3. D Bent.
  • Options
    Elk being an ever present, of course Carson is the dogs nuts - still a loanee though..
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Carson by a street

Just read it again and see it said top 3.

Hard to separate the rest of them frankly. Probably D Bent and The Elk would be my 2 and 3.
  • Options
    Carson
    D Bent
    Holland
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Carson by a street

Just read it again and see it said top 3.

Hard to separate the rest of them frankly. Probably D Bent and The Elk would be my 2 and 3.
    where's Kish?! ;-)
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Man Of The Match against Bolton, Blackburn and Fulham at The Valley but not enough to get him in the top 3!:-)
  • Options
    Carson
    B Bent
    Reid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you were doing POTT - Player On Treatment Table:

1) Sorondo
    2) Gibbs
    3) Reid

Otherwise Carson is so far ahead he is lapping a lot of our squad.
  • Options
    MCSMCS
    edited February 2007
    lol, thats funny man
  • Options
    I once thought of setting up a crap fantasy football league, where the worst players cost more money. The more points your players get in a well known tabloid the higher up the table you go - the object being to finish bottom!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]where the worst players cost more money.

Like Shevchenko you mean?
  • Options
    I was watching MOTD last night, and i have to larf at this sheva guy, he aint got no luck at all, he went off then that kalou scored. made me larf, i hate that lot! scummers massive
  • Options
    Would you have him on loan if we were offered?
  • Options
    what shev chenko, fuckoff, he is crap!

whisper me your email sco, i got something for ya!
  • Options
    Did someone really suggest Reid???

LOL

Carson, Bent, Holland.

El Kak might have won us 3 points with freekicks but he has probably cost us 10 points with his defending, funny how a goal changes peoples opinions.
  • Options
    Carson.
    If it wasn't for him, we would be bottom and in trouble.
  • Options
    well said Southend - I know everyone is entitled to their opinions, but for people to suggest El Kak as POTY !!, the guy is a liability and most of his defending is at best average...I must watch different games to alot of people !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1) Hasselbaink
    2) Diawara
    3) Pouso

Just to see the look on Murray's face when he hands over the awards!!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Eltham_addick[/cite]well said Southend - I know everyone is entitled to their opinions, but for people to suggest El Kak as POTY !!, the guy is a liability and most of his defending is at best average...I must watch different games to alot of people !!

We were asked for top 3.

I don't think anyone has him as POTY!
  • Options
    1) El Kak
    2) Dazza
    3) Carson
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Eltham_addick[/cite]well said Southend - I know everyone is entitled to their opinions, but for people to suggest El Kak as POTY !!, the guy is a liability and most of his defending is at best average...I must watch different games to alot of people !![/quote]

The fact that he has played in more or less every game suggest that he cant be kak.

Last night's goal didnt change my opinion of him, he makes mistakes, but when all the players commitment was questioned, he was one of the few players who tries hard and get's stuck in. Now Fortune has found his right level at Stoke, perhaps at the end of the season Talal may have to be replaced but this season he has done ok.

And like someone said about if we didn't have Carson we would be bottom.

If we didn't have Talal , would we even be thinking of staying up ?
  • Options
    Thats the good thing about football we all have different opinions.

I wouldnt have TEK in my top 10 but if some of you see differently then fair enough.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]I once thought of setting up a crap fantasy football league, where the worst players cost more money. The more points your players get in a well known tabloid the higher up the table you go - the object being to finish bottom!

I did that in the fanzine VFR, it was superb fun. Players got points for not playing, next best would be an unused sub. Clean sheets counted against you, red cards were an added bonus and extra points were awarded for suspensions, etc, etc.
  • Options
    Hopefull now we have ZZ and Bougherra EL kak will be out the team. He is a liability to be honest, tries stuff far too stylish for his ability.

As some has said peoples opinions differ and that is mine.
  • Options
    Carson
    Bent
    Holland

99th El Kak
    100th Luke Warm :-)
  • Options
    Bexleyheath Red - fair point mate, as I sad I if we all thought the same then life would be pretty boring eh !!, personally I panic whenever he gets the ball at the back and he's the last man..........also his distribution (well 80 yard long punt - Villa goal aside) is woeful

although with El Kak he either seems to be loved or loathed (a bit in the Kish mould) - there doesn't seem to be an in-between !!
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]
    I did that in the fanzine VFR, .

Great Fanzine. I even won a t-shirt for something. Crossword or quiz I think.