Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ideal first XI

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
Assuming that Pardew will play 4-5-1 in most cases away what would your first choice XI be?

Carson

Young, TEK Bougherra Thatcher

Lisbie Song Reid Faye Thomas

D Bent

Comments

• Options
    Carson
    Young Diawarra Bougherra Thatcher
    Rommedahl Reid ZZ Faye Thomas
    D Bent
  • Options
    Would prefer Romm or Sam instead of Lisbie, but not a bad side. Might be tempted to drop young in favour of TEK, with HH still ni the middle.
  • Options
    Lisbie Henry come on.

Carson

Young DIawarra Bouggy Maggie

Rommy Redi Holland ZZ Thomas

Baby B
  • Options
    Holland has to be fair been out standing in the past few games and would start for me, he just keeps things ticking over in the middle

Carson
    Young, Tek, HH, Thatcher
    Romm, Holland, Reid, Bougherra, Thomas
    Bent

Having said that Magic has said he doesn't want to play anywhere but CB...so it kind of blows my team out of the water
  • Options
    As I've never seen Song or ZZ play I would only include one of them with the other on the bench. In central defense I would alternate between Diawarra and HH depending on the opposition as HH is better at defending an aerial bombardment. On the right midfield would have Lisbie as he is more experienced that Sam and have Romm on the bench, so my team would be:
    Carson
    Young Diawarra/HH Bougherra Thatcher
    Lisbie Reid ZZ/Song Faye Thomas
    D.Bent
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Like Lancs Lad - hard to pick people we've not really seen play...seen Bouggy a couple of times and he looks half decent

Really think with 3 in the middle of the park we should play Kish

Carson

Young, HH, Bougherra, Thatch

Romm, Faye, Reid, Kish, Thomas

D Bent
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    * double post *
  • Options
    Hard to say as I haven't seen any of the new lot play but something like:-

Carson
    Young, Bougherra, Diawarra, Thatcher
    Sam, ZZ, Holland, Reid
    Ambrose
    DB

Sort of a 4-5-1, 4-4-1-1 mix
  • Options
    Don't really see how people can include the likes of ZZ without seeing him play yet, especially when the team has just picked up 4 points from two very tough away games! Lloyd Sam also appears to be a very bizarre inclusion!

For what its worth, my best XI would be

Carson
    Young - Bougherra - HH - Thatcher
    Rommedahl - Holland - Faye (by the skin of his teeth) - Thomas
    Reid
    Bent
  • Options
    Carson
    Young-Bougy-Diawara-Thatcher
    Romm-Reid-Faye-Thomas-Holland
    DB

Subs: Sam, ZZ, El K, Randolph, M Bent
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My inclusion of Sam is because I've run out of patience with Rommedahl.
  • Options
    Yeah, fair enough, but is Sam really that much cop? He looks average at best and, like Henry, if I were dropping Rommedahl I would probably play Lisbie because he has more experience and might nick a few goals. I said might!
  • Options
    Casillas
    Richards - Terry - Cannavaro - Cole
    Ronaldhinhio - Gerrard - Gattuso - Ronaldo
    Henry - Totti

Well you did say ideal!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]Casillas
    Henry - Totti

Well you did say ideal!

Gattuso?? i think he is rubbish! I would have `Hughes all day!! ;-) insert winky thing
  • Options
    Carson has been doing a very passable impression of Casillas this season!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]Casillas
    Henry - Totti

Well you did say ideal!

I'm a bit unfit, quite old and was always useless but thanks for including me. Even I might score with those players around me!
  • Options
    What can I say, I needed height, (20ft i'm told), someone solid, (yorkshire stone i'm led to believe), good in the air, (the constant heading of bird poop must help here) and above all, mobility. Bugger I see a flaw in my argument!!!!!!
  • Options
    LOL Took me to the bird poop to get the joke!
  • Options
    I know this is about first XI - thing is the good news is it looks like we now have a first XVI to put out every week - saw Thomas on Football first so I'm afraid he wouldn't start for me

I agree it has to be 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 (with Reid behind Bent) but using the bench we can always switch - can someone please tell them not to put Reid on for 90 minutes! His balls to Romm Bent and anyone else in space really take the heat off the defence and central midfield so we need him out there every week even if he doesn't play more than an hour.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Carson

Luke Magic Herm Maggie
    Elk
    Song (or Romm) Faye Thom
    Reidy
    DB

Subs Diawara, Kish, Sam, Romm (or Song) Myhre

4 1 3 1 1. Flexible. Can go tighter 4 5 1 or 4 3 3.

I think that Reid can be dangerous playing behind DB and Elk's best position is holding midfield. With Faye in central midfield, the spine of the team will be strong.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The lot that use to stand in the clock bit at the Valley early 80s