Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What really pees me off is that

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
last night we saw what can be achieved with application and committment. We can blame Dowie, Reed and the Board all we like but the real reason we are in this position is that the application and committment shown last night was lacking until Pards turned up. Well paid professionals should be able to give 100% and apply them properly every game and IF we go down they will be the only one's to blame.

Comments

• Options
    Agreed
  • Options
    So it's not Andrew Mills Fault then, cos I thought everyone seems to think it is :-)
  • Options
    you say that though, but watching last night just showed the thin dividing line there is and how important the rub of the green can be.

We're lauding a hard-earned point last night, but on another day and luck the other way it could easily of been a 4-0 defeat.

its such a thin line...
  • Options
    Barts, RE the luck thing, we aint had bugger all of it all season! Away at pompey and Bolt-on we have had plenty, its the way it works man! If we had any luck before, then we would of got a point against Le arse at home, or maybe even won it and some others too where we didnt have the rub of the green. Its our turn for this luck, we deserve it.
  • Options
    The midfield is dross until if Reid comes back ZZ is given a chance (a gamble), Song is given a chance (a gamble). Hughes, Dennis, Thomas hmmm i dont know not really up to it. Holland lasts about 60 mins.
  • Options
    i think the luck thing has swung our way recently in the recent boro game and last nights bolton game we should've had 4 penalties awarded against us and not 1 was given
  • Options
    i dont think Holland and Hughes were playing in the second half!!!
  • Options
    so we were just unlucky under dowie and reed?
  • Options
    [cite]Quote By: Thomas Jefferson [/cite]I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeakeysRocket[/cite]so we were just unlucky under dowie and reed?
    yeah we were unlucky it's always the refs/lino's fault , nothing to do with us being shite;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Quote By: Seneca (Roman philospher)[/cite]Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.
  • Options
    But people wern't saying after Reading and Wigan "we were unlucky" rather "lazy, overpaid, don't care, not fit to wear the nylon replica fashion item".
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeakeysRocket[/cite]so we were just unlucky under dowie and reed?

Which Golfer was it that said-" the harder I practice, the luckier i get" ?
  • Options
    Gary Player said it to some gobby Yank at the US Masters.
  • Options
    Many a true word spoken in Jest eh!
  • Options
    Henry do you not own a Nylon replica fashion item ?
  • Options
    oh there is no doubt we're giving ourselves a chance to earn the luck, something we wasn't doing earlier in the season.

But last night could easily of been a defeat and we would of all had different outlooks this morning for the rest of the season. That's the nature of it now, its so cut throat and every result seems to have a massive importance on it.

I'm loving it, and we'll made up with 4 points from the last two games, regardless how we got them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Henry do you not own a Nylon replica fashion item ?

I have the one Colin Walsh threw in the crowd at Old Trafford in 1990 and the framed one that Richard Murray gave me with "HAYES - DIRECTOR" on the back but other than that. No
  • Options
    I see your point Large but don't entirely agree. The big difference for me is how the team is set up, the game plan and the buy in from the players this is down to the manager and this is what Pardew brings. His positive attitude and talking up of the team in honest terms is excellent. Having worked for an organisation where at one stage you thought it was the best thing since sliced bread only for a new executive to arrive and change direction the morale and motivation dipped and the commitment was not quite there, guess it is the same in some way for pro footballers too.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]i dont think Holland and Hughes were playing in the second half!!!

i thought holland had another very steady game
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]you say that though, but watching last night just showed the thin dividing line there is and how important the rub of the green can be.

We're lauding a hard-earned point last night, but on another day and luck the other way it could easily of been a 4-0 defeat.

its such a thin line...

You make a good point about last night but I am a great believer that luck does even itself out over a season. Teams that rue their luck are normally those who are not performing as they should. Outside the top four or five teams, there really is not a lot to choose in talent between the top and bottom of the rest. The difference is down to training, application, effort and character. If your players are putting in the maximum, then relative success will come. Luck will not be the key determinator in that.