Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Manchester

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
Am thinking of going. Anyone i know going on here and also struggling for city centre places to stay. Left it a bit late any recommenations for just outside the city?

Comments

• Options
    I am staying at my mother-in-law's.
    Wouldn't recommend it!
  • Options
    I am staying at my mother-in-law's.
    Wouldn't recommend it!
  • Options
    there must be a premier inn or travelodge or both in manchester
  • Options
    We've used the Travelodge/Inn (cant remember which) at the Trafford Centre before... not ideal location but only a short cab ride into the City centre....
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Double post...
  • Options
    there are loads of travelodges in manc, but seeing as most of the supporters aren't from manc, they sell out quickly

used to stay in the dolby, which is near blackfriars bridge and now called the "stay inn" but its cheap and might be booked up, but its v reasonable if you do get in there

will have a think elsewhere. you could try a hotel towards fallowfield/rusholme and cab it in?
  • Options
    there are loads of travelodges in manc, but seeing as most of the supporters aren't from manc, they sell out quickly

used to stay in the dolby, which is near blackfriars bridge and now called the "stay inn" but its cheap and might be booked up, but its v reasonable if you do get in there

will have a think elsewhere. you could try a hotel towards fallowfield/rusholme and cab it in?
  • Options
    its okay if you want to pay 150 for a room but its looking like fallowfield. Town is packed.
  • Options
    B,

You looking to stay just for the Saturday night?
  • Options
    yes think so.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    curbit stay in Chorlton, like Charlton but with an O!!
  • Options
    Travelodge Manchester Centre (Blackfriars St) has a double smoking room for £65....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]curbit stay in Chorlton, like Charlton but with an O!!

Don't. You'll start Porkpie off....
  • Options
    i've stayed at that Dolby a few times and its perfect for a cheap stop over
  • Options
    is pork pie the one who is actually from chorlton but supports charlton cos it sounded the same?
  • Options
    thanks medders. Doesnt get good revieews on tripadvisor but its somwhere to kip... mind you i can see us changing our minds over the next 7 days a few times.
  • Options
    I'm staying in The Travel Lodge, Black Friars Street, Manchester, M3 5AL on the Friday night.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]thanks medders. Doesnt get good revieews on tripadvisor but its somwhere to kip... mind you i can see us changing our minds over the next 7 days a few times.

It's a Travelodge!! It's hardly going to be the Ritz is it!! Gawd, talk about fussy!!!

;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]is pork pie the one who is actually from chorlton but supports charlton cos it sounded the same?

Sort of. First game he went to was Man U versus what he thought was Chorlton, ie a local derby. I wonder how long it was before he noticed all the saaath lundun accents around him.....
  • Options
    no im expecting basic but dirty sheets i do mind!!

as would anyone...?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]no im expecting basic but dirty sheets i do mind!!

as would anyone...?

Like you're going to notice after 15 bottles of Magners.....!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]is pork pie the one who is actually from chorlton but supports charlton cos it sounded the same?

Sort of. First game he went to was Man U versus what he thought was Chorlton, ie a local derby. I wonder how long it was before he noticed all the saaath lundun accents around him.....

thats funny man, good on him!
  • Options
    that is a very fair comment medders.
  • Options
    Posted By: MCS
    curbit stay in Chorlton, like Charlton but with an O!!

Don't. You'll start Porkpie off....

Are my ears burning?
    ---------------------------------------
    "Sort of. First game he went to was Man U versus what he thought was Chorlton, ie a local derby. I wonder how long it was before he noticed all the saaath lundun accents around him....."

Sort of accurate Medders....

As you know I am manc born and bred.

The affair started in 1987 thinking Chorlton were a manc team.

Chorlton is a place in Manc.

Then it was 6 months until I went to my first game on Jan 1 1988 when Chorlton were away to Man U.

It took another 6 months to be convinced they were Charlton from SE London.

20 or so years on still a fan and now I am working in Kent.

As for places to stay Curbit - the suggestions made already sound good.
  • Options
    nice one PP, i like that story, its a good un
  • Options
    It's a good un the first 30 times you hear it.... the next few hundred arent...

;-)
  • Options
    Baghead!