Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mrs Brown's Boys

Anyone seen this? I've only come across it by accident once or twice, just seen the last 5 mins or so. Seems to be the N.Irish equivilant of Bread. I hated Bread, I may hate this but every bit I've seen has made me laugh.
The lead, Mrs Brown, is played by a man - I think! A bit Mrs Doubtfire. I don't recognise any of the actors/actresses' in it. It does seem a bit left field but funny......it's on BBC1 now.

Comments

• Options
    We've only ever caught 5 mins here and there too. but got it on now, and have sniggered at least 6 times. It reminds us of one of Dec's aunts, thats probably why!
  • Options
    so funny at the same time so obvious
  • Options
    Is set in dublin, the bloke who plays mrs brown was in Max and Paddy's road to knowehere, played a pikey who was selling them a big widescreen tv from the back of his lorry. have watched a few now cant decide if its ok or really really bad. like the way they leave the cockups in and how the cast crackup and react to the fluffed lines or feck ups. Been on in eire for sometime 4 series already shown, just been picked up by the beeb.

MrsBrownBlog.jpg
  • Options
    I have no Irish family or friends, well I'm sure I do have some family somewhere! I am laughing again tonight though. It is a fella isn't it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Is set in dublin, the bloke who plays mrs brown was in Max and Paddy's road to knowehere, played a pikey who was selling them a big widescreen tv from the back of his lorry. have watched a few now cant decide if its ok or really really bad. like the way they leave the cockups in and how the cast crackup and react to the fluffed lines or feck ups. Been on in eire for sometime 4 series already shown, just been picked up by the beeb.

]
    Us Irish hate the term Eire :(
  • Options
    yep its a man chirpy
  • Options
    Also this has been going for about 7 years but this is the first time it was made for TV. You can buy a boxset of series 1-6 for fairly cheap.
  • Options
    im irish mate and only use eire, as ireland has become a brand name of late :-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]yep its a man chirpy

Thanks, I'm never sure. Been fooled a few times over the years...........
  • Options
    Would ya Chirps? he he...

p5.jpg
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]im irish mate and only use eire, as ireland has become a brand name of late :-(
    Has also become a place of embarresment to be fair.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Would ya Chirps? he he...

p5.jpg

Mr C does make the most believable bird in showbiz doesn't he? He mentioned on the trip that his chin helped him play a good woman!

Pauline Calf? MINE!!!!
  • Options
    true mate, all the pubs round my way getting there st patricks day+ stuff up makes me so proud.... ;-)

+Sponserd by Guiness.
  • Options
    It's so corny, stupid and old fashioned but can't help laughing and some bits have had me in tears (with laughter).
  • Options
    Saw about thirty seconds of it and thought it was dreadful. Takes all sorts I guess.
  • Options
    Think it's one of them shows that you could hate the 1st time and enjoy on the 2nd viewing, was the case for me anyway.
  • Options
    Happened to watch most of the first one - it's a no from me (crap)
  • Options
    The old man walked in other night while I was watching it and asked, 'whatcha watching this for?'

'dunno, it's crap' i responded

'so why ya watching he' he asked

'can't stop' was my response

by the time the show had finished me and him were in stitches and couldn't quite understand why
  • Options
    I've watched 2 episodes and some clips. I thought the first episode I saw was hilarious, last night's hardly raised a titter from me. But all the clips were very funny.

[cite]Posted By: JollyRobin[/cite]The old man walked in other night while I was watching it and asked, 'whatcha watching this for?'

'dunno, it's crap' i responded

'so why ya watching he' he asked

'can't stop' was my response

by the time the show had finished me and him were in stitches and couldn't quite understand why

Very similar to me and son - he was watching when I came in last night.
  • Options
    I was sent a clip last year of the live stage show, it was hilarious so I went up to Birmingham to see them live.

It was one of the best nights I'd ever had, lots of cock ups, re-winds, gaffs and superbly funny.

I'd been waiting for the TV show and was concerned whether they could adapt it for TV.

My verdict so far, a bit disappointed, 1st episode was such a let down after all the anticipation, last weeks (Nr 2) was superb, last nights was ok, got better toward the end.

Would recommend the live stage show without question.

Brendan o Caroll is Mrs Brown and most of the cast are his family . (I think Cathy (the daughter) is his wife in real life)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I caught it last night for the first time as there was stuff all else on.....perhaps its my state of mind at the moment, but I was in absolute tears of laughter at the end in fact I had to leave the room as Mrs RM couldnt hear the TV......I also liked the way they left the cock ups in and just carried on....with half the cast sniggering in the background.....havent laughed like that in a long time......but I'm worried that i may be losing my sanity!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Redmidland[/cite]I caught it last night for the first time as there was stuff all else on.....perhaps its my state of mind at the moment, but I was in absolute tears of laughter at the end in fact I had to leave the room as Mrs RM couldnt hear the TV......I also liked the way they left the cock ups in and just carried on....with half the cast sniggering in the background.....havent laughed like that in a long time......but I'm worried that i may be losing my sanity!!!

Best you pull yourself together sharpish mate. You've got work to do on here tonight! ;-)
  • Options
    I watched it last week - i think - the one where she was cleaning the grandad in the kitchen with kitchen cleaner and the new mother in law was coming round?

Thought it was really very funny in parts but couldn't see it being everyones cup of tea. Will watch on catch up later.
  • Options
    Caught it for the first time last night and found it hilarious and juvenilely stooopid at the same time, defo worth another watch ;-). The scene of the waxing had me in tears!!
  • Options
    I took Chirpy's advice and watched the first 3 episodes on demand.

Very funny in a Father Ted kind of way I thought. Same format as Bread but far far funnier IMO. I recommend you take a look.
  • Options
    The canned laughter was like something from the 60's -bits of the programme were quite funny though!
  • Options
    Watched catch up last night. the waxing scene was simple but hysterical i was crying. Specially when he stamped on the discarded wax strip!
  • Options
    I don't 'laugh hysterically' at any sitcoms, but this did get a few giggles from me. No idea why, because so many of the jokes are obvious and I think a lot of it is dreadful, but there you go.
  • Options
    Yes but that's my thoughts too, incredibly simple. It's probably more the delivery of the lines? But the waxing brought tears to my eyes.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Saw about thirty seconds of it and thought it was dreadful. Takes all sorts I guess.

Blimey, nothing like giving it a fair crack of the whip, is there mate... ;-)

Not seen it myself BTW.