Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC Player

hey guys, i saw on the Cafc site that they are doing a free 14 day trial of cafc player, can you just have the 14 free days or do you have to carry on paying after th first 14??

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2011
    if you need commentary for tonight it will be here:here

If not, I think you have to cancel before the 14 day period to not be charged.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    cool, cheers! know of a place i can watch the game? doubtful but i said id ask.
  • Options
    Best bet is The Valley, in SE7. Otherwise I doubt it ;)
  • Options
    ha ha, long drive from Cork. thanks anyway man
  • Options
    I'm not feeling well at all so I can't get down to the Valley tonight so going on my experiences trying to listen to CAFCplayer this evening would would not recommend this utterly useless piece of absolute shit to my worst enemy. It's so hit and miss it's bordering on a rip off. I've been sat here for 20 minutes trying to connect with no joy.

Seriously, I regret not dragging my sick arse down to the Valley and developing a serious medical condition, anything would be better that the consistent frustration I experience whenever I waste my money on this player crap.
  • Options
    CEO's email address: oliver.slipper@performgroup.com

(maybe without the full-stop)
  • Options
    The latest thing on this paid for service remains Ollie Muldoon being interviewed after Orient.
    We have has two pre season games since then, including interviews with Slade.
    Surely the players are so keen to communicate with fans one of them could upload something to take the pressure off all those hard working club employees?
  • Options
    It is a shit service
  • Options
    seth plum said:

The latest thing on this paid for service remains Ollie Muldoon being interviewed after Orient.
    We have has two pre season games since then, including interviews with Slade.
    Surely the players are so keen to communicate with fans one of them could upload something to take the pressure off all those hard working club employees?

To be fair, they've put the last couple match highlights on YouTube because it's pre-season and I'm guessing they don't have a contract with the league that means they have to be up behind a paywall.

I certainly agree that it would be nice if they had more up there, but they've done a lot more things with Facebook Live and YouTube in pre-season, and I suspect it's a case of you can upload stuff onto one or the other platform.
  • Options
    Does anyone know who the CAFCPlayer money goes to?

I had a membership a while ago and remembering it saying FL Interactive on my paypal bill, does this mean it goes to the football league and not Charlton?

I'm just about to cancel my Netflix so want to get player instead but will resist if the money is going to the regime.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've just spent at least 5 minutes trying to figure out who we're playing tonight.
  • Options
    I thought we had just signed someone.
  • Options
    Cancelled my subscription. It can come in handy but it can come in handy again when Roland goes.
  • Options
    I believe the money goes to the Football League, whether any is then passed to CAFC I don't know.
    I use it to do the match threads on here, but I have to say the service needs to improve, a few times last season Terry Smith and co couldn't broadcast or started late as Player couldn't be accessed. Hoping its better this year (oh and the football is as well!!)
  • Options
    Managed to blend technical in competence with diabolical commentators. Haven't missed it once.
  • Options
    I've had it the last few years, the money definitely goes to the Football League (EFL) as you can login and access other football clubs videos etc.

Not going to have it this time around as Charlton post all the post-match content and all the interviews on Facebook/Twitter now which is supposedly the point of having CAFC Player, so it doesn't feel like there's much point having it anymore?!
  • Options
    Unless you don't have facebook or twitter.
  • Options
    I like it. Invaluable for anyone living overseas.

Cheers.
  • Options

I've had it the last few years, the money definitely goes to the Football League (EFL) as you can login and access other football clubs videos etc.

Not going to have it this time around as Charlton post all the post-match content and all the interviews on Facebook/Twitter now which is supposedly the point of having CAFC Player, so it doesn't feel like there's much point having it anymore?!

In that case I'll probably get it then.
    Radio comms are very hard to come by and a stream will be near impossible in L1 so CAFCPlayer it is for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How does one cancel a subscription?
  • Options
    foxjam said:

How does one cancel a subscription?

Last time I just blocked the payment from Paypal
  • Options
    I find it to be a good service, and one of the few things that have actually improved under the current regime. How much of that they can be given credit for, I don't know, but the match day commentary is now a) much better with the in-house, CAFC fan volunteer commentators, and b) much more stable - it used to drop out all the time, but now 99% of the time I get to listen uninterrupted and quick refresh usually fixes it if it does go missing.

The video highlights are longer than the ones put out on YouTube and the video quality has vastly improved, plus there are usually some extra camera angles and the like. Some of the behind the scenes type stuff has improved too as well as there being highlights of the youth teams' games. I liked the 1905 show too but that seems to have died a death.

As an overseas fan I very much appreciate it existence.
  • Options
    Invaluable while overseas and in league one exile
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    It was great a few seasons ago. I remember them uploading full 90 minute replays of some, if not all of our away matches, including the New Years Day 4-3 win at Watford. Still pay the same amount for a reduced service.