Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sorry but big mistake imo. 4 strikers of which only one can score

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
The rapid improvement in the fitness of Kevin Lisbie, who dislocated a shoulder in mid-October, has lifted the pressure on Alan Pardew to bring in another striker before the end of tonight.

The Addicks youth product could make a return to first-team action against Bolton.

"Lisbie is going to be involved at Bolton," said manager Alan Pardew.

"The rapid recovery from his injury has given me a little bit more heart. I've got Jimmy-Floyd Hasselbaink, Marcus Bent, Darren Bent in about a week's time hopefully, and Lisbie so I think we're probably going to have to run with that group.

"It would be nice to have a Didier Drogba in there as well, but unfortunately that's not to be."

Comments

• Couldn't agree more LA,

JFH (lazy git) Lisbie (rubbish) Marcus Bent (taller version of Lisbie)

Hardly a line up that will strike fear into the hearts of premiership defenders is it.
  • Lisbie looked good in the one game he played and is out of contract come May.

I reckon he might (finally) come good!
  • Len Glover - the eternal optimist!
  • Guys yes we would of liked another striker on board, but it's not like they have not tried. About Three confirmed bids for Strikers have come up with nothing due to our position, we cannot effectively bribe them like West Ham are actually doing so we have got to go with what we have. Plus I think you'll be seeing us playing one up front in half of the remaining games of the season (Mostly Away & Probably at home this saturday) in an effort to just get something.
  • edited February 2007
    Some problems were encountered
    You must enter a value for the comments input.
  • edited February 2007
    nothing to read here, move along please
  • edited February 2007
    Ketman you are so right - and what would have been the point in bringing in a striker for the sake of it if no better than what we have.

Everyone else stop whinging please.

WE ARE STAYING UP

PS Kevin Lisbie is a good player, just cannot score goals! I am optimistic that he will be a good partner for Dazza.

PPS I haven't seen any coverage of last night's game, but Marcus Bent is generally getting better and better under Pards
  • Is there an Echo in here...?
  • Im no Marcus Bent fan but he worked his socks off for the cause last night!

Yes he isnt going to score anywhere near the number of goals that Dazza will, but isnt their room for a "foil" for DB. Rather like Davies is for Anelka?
  • [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]Im no Marcus Bent fan but he worked his socks off for the cause last night!

Yes he isnt going to score anywhere near the number of goals that Dazza will, but isnt their room for a "foil" for DB. Rather like Davies is for Anelka?

I think big bent is gettin unfair stick at the Mo, he worked hard as dan says which i agree which. Leave off him!
  • Sponsored links:

• Trouble is WHO exactly would want to join us that gurantees goals?
  • [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]Trouble is WHO exactly would want to join us that gurantees goals?

What I was about to say
  • [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]Trouble is WHO exactly would want to join us that gurantees goals?

What I was about to say
  • Agree with Rothko and Salad Spinner, who exactly were people expecting us to sign in the window, Ronaldo?

Good strikers are like gold dust and that's why the Spammers were so keen to get Benty even at 18 million quid.

Stokes has done nothing at Sunderland so far and Blanco can't be that good or else he would hardly have, a) Been nowhere near Valencia's 1st team and b) Be joining the Spammers.

What would have been the point of spending money on more shite like JFH or over-paying for Eastwood who has only scored 13 goals (including some pens) in the CCC which would not exactly guarantee a banquet of goals in the Prem.

I know its frustrating but that's the way it is.