Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Referee today

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
Thought he was ok, except that he was lax on their time wasting.

However the East Stand Linesman, how the f... did he miss the keeper twice carry the ball out of his area. Even Exters players were screaming at the keeper to watch the line after the second incident.

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Thought he was ok, except that he was lax on their time wasting.

However the East Stand Linesman, how the f... did he miss the keeper twice carry the ball out of his area. Even Exters players were screaming at the keeper to watch the line after the second incident.

Missed an arm in Ecclestone's face as well. Been on Twitter complaining that his nose is killing him.
  • Options
    TART ECCLESTONE WENT DOWN LIKE A SACK OF SPUDS.......
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Thought he was ok, except that he was lax on their time wasting.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the keeper had both feet outside the area and the ball in his arms in front of him? How can the lino not see that? It was his call.

The ref was one of the better ones this season.
  • Options
    Seemed to be a ref more concerned with dissent than fair play and fouls.......
    Phillips card was because of the foul on him moments earlier, obviously said something! and the ref instead of trying to calm the situation thought he would make an example!

The goalkeeper looked clearly outside the area, just do not think he was watching! twice.....
  • Options
    thought he had an excellent game over all; tried his best to keep it going, though in effect that suited exeter as they were going better or most of the game
  • Options
    I thought he did ok.
  • Options
    The hypothesis I heard was that the referee and linesmans eyes were still adjusting to the lime green goalkeeping kit
  • Options
    seems to be comment on the waggy penalty appeal - I was too far away - anyone get a better view?
    overall ref did ok
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: swords_alive[/cite]; tried his best to keep it going

Must have seen a different game to me. especially in the first half.
  • Options
    I thought we should of had a pen in the first half for the challenge on jackson (after few beers,so may not of been him)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wagstaff Penalty shout - Right in front of me, but depends on your take of the rules. Wagstaff knocked it past the defender, defender slid in missed the ball and wagstaff....

Wagstaff then ran into him and could have avoided him. Anywhere else on the pitch Wagstaff would have avoided him. Possibly a shout for obstruction ?

Obstruction doesnt really seem to be awarded these days unless someones sitting on the ball. Even then I think they now award a drop ball.
  • Options
    wasn't he a PL referee ? Thought he did ok. Waggy's was never a pen, was looking for it big time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide

Missed an arm in Ecclestone's face as well. Been on Twitter complaining that his nose is killing him.

It looked more like that the defender's hand hit his face as they turned to chase the ball, and seemed accidental.

Thought the ref was pretty good all in all.
  • Options
    should have booked their keeper for wearing kit offensive to the eye.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited February 2011
    The third exeter penalty was never a penalty as Robbie Elliots challenge was outside the box. The East Stand Lino seemed to miss a lot, including the arm in the face for Ecclestone, two incidents of handling outside the area and he got a few offsides wrong as well. The referee did nothing about the holding on Abbott the whole game.

The goal keepers outfits were putrid.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Thought he was ok, except that he was lax on their time wasting.

However the East Stand Linesman, how the f... did he miss the keeper twice carry the ball out of his area. Even Exters players were screaming at the keeper to watch the line after the second incident.[/quote]

Missed an arm in Ecclestone's face as well. Been on Twitter complaining that his nose is killing him.[/quote]

I honestly thought Schleswig dropped like a fairy with the nose incident.

There was nothing in it for a league one game, if that had been last minute in a play off game I would have been livid with him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]
    Phillips card was because of the foul on him moments earlier, obviously said something! and the ref instead of trying to calm the situation thought he would make an example!

To be fair on the ref, The language BWP used towards him, he was lucky it was only a yellow. BWP had a right to feel aggrieved with the challenge on him but calling him a c*@t aint gonna make him change his mind
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: tangoflash[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]

To be fair on the ref, The language BWP used towards him, he was lucky it was only a yellow. BWP had a right to feel aggrieved with the challenge on him but calling him a c*@t aint gonna make him change his mind

I agree that you cannot say that to a ref!. If he said that!

But the ref still seemed more intent on his 'authority' than dangerous play or goal scoring chances....

Really cannot see how he is allowing the game to 'flow' if our forward has his leg taken under him!.

I am not in favour of giving out yellows for minor infringements, but he did not even warn the Exeter player!
    Obviously BWP thought so! hence the reaction!.......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]Seemed to be a ref more concerned with dissent than fair play and fouls.......

The goalkeeper looked clearly outside the area, just do not think he was watching! twice.....

Certainly looked that way from the expensive seats too!

Their goalkeeper second half was visible from space.