Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pub prior to tomorrow's game

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
Lads, wonder if you can help, me and my old man are going to the Exeter game tomorrow and we usually go to the White Swan or the Bugle before games but we fancied trying somewhere else. We park that side of the ground but if it's a nice day don't mind a walk, any suggestions? Only requirement is there is a good pint of real ale on offer.

Comments

• Options
    Only requirement is there is a good pint of real ale on offer.

Well that rules out The White Swan where I'll be! Having said that, it has improved slightly in the last couple of months. Guinness is still hit and miss though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]Only requirement is there is a good pint of real ale on offer.

Well that rules out The White Swan where I'll be! Having said that, it has improved slightly in the last couple of months. Guinness is still hit and miss though.

Bugle's not great either, that's why we're looking for somewhere else.
  • Options
    The lib is always good, plenty of lifers as well, will have to pay a quid on the door though.

Also can't comment on the ale as I'm a cider guy myself. Pretty sure they have bottled ale, bishops finger and stuff.
  • Options
    You won't like the Lib it's rubbish.
  • Options
    The Rose of Denmark had both London Pride and Courage on tap. LP is always good in my experience.
  • Options
    I think the Anchor down by the river sells a reasonable choice of real ale.
  • Options
    The Anchor has Old Speckled Hen in bottles..but i always go for the Guinness.
  • Options
    Oak man myself. Near the ground and the beer is good.
    Price wise it is a little dearer than others but its only a few pence more.
  • Options
    The pickwick down by the fire station? Apparently the antigaligan has the finest ales and largers known to man.. But were not alowed in there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]The pickwick down by the fire station? Apparently the antigaligan has the finest ales and largers known to man.. But were not alowed in there.

Pickwick is good...