Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wayne Rooney's goal today

If you have not seen it let me tell you i just have and that is goal of the season, it will take some goal to beat that best Over Head kick i have seen since Trevor Sinclair all those years back what a goal if andy gray was still there the words you beauty would have been ringing round OT

Comments

• dangerous play.
  • looks better and better every time you see it what a goal i love my football and that is world class
  • What a goal!! Love the Cantonnaesque celebration..... great start to the day!
  • WSS would have given it off-side.
  • Great goal, but shown 6 times on BBC national news!........

If it had been Wolves, Blackpool, or Wigan I doubt it would have been shown that many times..........

I imagine there will be a Rooney love in tonight on MOTD.
  • Not as good as BWP's overhead the other week. ;-)
  • Not to forget some of JJ's overheads, the West ham one comes to mind
  • deserves every minute of air time it can get, we all love football and that is a goal that does not come around very often, better than BWP's better than benno's better than berbatovs look at his technique.

unbelievable teccas
  • Cracking goal. Still nowhere near as good as Sinclair's - there will never be an overhead kick as good as that again. That defied belief.
  • Sponsored links:

• yep spot on Leroy

Sinclairs is the bench mark but that was the best since that day i remember thinking i dont think i will see a better individual goal and i still havent
  • Anyone remember Dennis Tueart's overhead for ManC back in the 70's - I think it was League Cup Final?? When I was a kid that was the goal to beat.
  • Pele in "Escape to Victory" for me!
  • edited February 2011
    So only the 11 replays in MOTD of the actual goal, besides the goal itself......

And then a 5 minute ManUtd love in showing 8 Nanni attempts and the goal.....

Man City.... eh Man who!

I know they are moving to Salford perhaps they want some freebies!

They also showed it twice at the end so 13 times in all.......
  • Great goal. Shame he played like Wayne Sleep for England in the summer when it mattered.

I look forward to the inevitable media y front wetting about the overrated, money grabbing, granny botherer.
  • [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]dangerous play.

I have often thought that. Should over head kicks be allowed? I thought that challenges were not allowed over knee height.
  • Cant remember when it was, but always remember Scotty Parker KOing someone by kicking em in the head with a bicycle kick
  • I thought it came off his shin which makes it a fluke to me. Just like a lot of people here think Van Persie's goal against us was a fluke.
  • He's better than Villa and Messi, the World Cup's in the bag.
  • [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]I thought it came off his shin which makes it a fluke to me. Just like a lot of people here think Van Persie's goal against us was a fluke.

Hmmmmm.

You don't toe-poke it from that posistion!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]WSS would have given it off-side.

That honestly made me laugh!
  • [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]I thought it came off his shin which makes it a fluke to me. Just like a lot of people here think Van Persie's goal against us was a fluke.

Your right, he did shin it... It looked good though, but If he had caught it with his foot as intended it probably would've ended in row Z...
  • edited February 2011
    I'm sorry lads but you don't hit shots like that with the bottom of your foot/toes! To get the power and accuracy needed from that posistion you use the bottom of your shin where it meets the top of your foot. He wasn't taking a corner!
  • It was the sort of goal that when you were a kid you dreamed of scoring in the last minute of a cup final and would practice the technique by flinging yourself backwards onto your bed, wouldn't you?

Hmmm, ............ or was that just me?
  • And it would always be the third goal of your hatrik - after the diving bullet header and the piledriver from 55 yards that flies into the top corner.

I used to score some cracking hatriks back in the day.
  • edited February 2011
    Fantastic goal - Just a shame he cant or wouldnt try it in an England shirt
  • Shin it in , fat boy got lucky , true over head kick should come off your laces , like trevor sinclair.
  • Great Goal.A couple more like that Wayne and then maybe Marco Van Basten will let you shine his boots.
  • The only time I ever even hit one of those over-head kicks correctly was in a pre-match warm-up at Hall Place.

Unfortunately, our goalkeeper - who was very much in the veteran stage of his career - was having a crafty pre-game fag and my rasping effort thundered into his thumb as he was lighting up....

He broke his thumb and had to go to Queen Mary's and we had to play the game with 10 men and lost heavily.

I never did try it again after that.
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]And it would always be the third goal of your hatrik - after the diving bullet header and the piledriver from 55 yards that flies into the top corner.

I used to score some cracking hatriks back in the day.

Fifa?? ;)

Yeah great goal must of seen it like 15 times at least already lol