Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Its a bit rich for Curbs

to bang on about if they hadn't been robbed of 4 pts (2 by a 94th min goal for Fulham and 2 by the non-offside decision at Newcastle) they'd be clear of the relegation zone. WIll grant you the Newcastle example but WHU were extremely lucky their winner against Arsenal wasn't ruled out, not to mention that Gabbidon was not sent off against us for deliberate handball as the last man. OK, they were before your time but while you're counting: we've been genuinely robbed of 4pts (and I'm being very conservative) - 2pts vs Fulham (linesman suspended after that joke) and 2pts vs Watford (2 pens turned down that all commentators agreed were stone cold pens). Not starting a debate on referees and how unfortunate we have been (long worn out that subject) but Curbs really must be feeling the heat if he's now claiming they're getting the s**t-end of it.
BTW Curbs, Kepa Blanco's goal was patently offside and since goal difference is tight between CA & WHU may not be entirely irrelevant at the end of the season.

Comments

• Options
    can't see how that goal last night was offside. There was no daylight between Blanco and the defender and if in doubt I thought they were supposed to err on the side of the attacker.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Daylight? There's no such thing I'm afraid. That was a media created phrase (NOT FIFA).The offside law never changed to encorporate it.

The rule is if any playing part of his body is beyond the last defender he is offside therefore Kepa Blanco was clearly offside.
  • Options
    v Watford, one of them was a penalty, the referee gave a free kick for hand ball which happened in the box. He just missed where the lines where and pulled it back for a free kick!!
  • Options
    v Arsenal - Gallas save?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Spankie[/cite]Daylight? There's no such thing I'm afraid. That was a media created phrase (NOT FIFA).The offside law never changed to encorporate it.

The rule is if any playing part of his body is beyond the last defender he is offside therefore Kepa Blanco was clearly offside.

Apart from his arms or hands, if they are in front he is not offside.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: pickwick[/cite]v Watford, one of them was a penalty, the referee gave a free kick for hand ball which happened in the box. He just missed where the lines where and pulled it back for a free kick!![/quote]

I'm not quite clear, which one wasn't a pen? The one where we got a free kick for handball that actually occurred a yard inside the box or the one where the Watford defender did a Mick McManus impersonation and wrestled Faye to the floor on the edge of their 6-yard box?
  • Options
    All I was saying was one of them was even given by the ref...
  • Options
    Apologies, you're dead right