Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pards - A Class Act

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
I must admit the more I hear Pards being interviewed the more he impresses me. The current interview on the main site is a case in point. I realise this is with a "tame" interviewer but he comes over as somebody who knows exactly what he wants and communicates it well. He answers questions with an honest straight-forwardness that is as refreshing as it is unusual for a manager. I have no doubt that he will be dealing with players in the same way. It's easy to see how he appears to have won the confidence of the players quickly and hopefully his communication skills are starting to make an impact on players individual performances and results. All in all I think he's a class act and whatever happens this season, I believe he is the man to take us forward.

Comments

• Options
    Let's see how things turn out Bing, but I agree that he appears to know what he is doing and certainly has a different approach to Curbs without going toward the zany/bizarre Dowie antics!!!
    One thing is for sure, the Spammers are starting to realise they made a huge error in getting rid of him.
  • Options
    I accept the proof of the pudding etc. I just like the cut of his jib. I am a big admirer of Curbs and am used to his ways of answering questions. I just like Pards straight forwardness. He was prepared to share his dilemma over Bent's injury and whether we might need to sell him. He could have kept things much closer but was open enough to mention it. He now rules out selling any key players such as Bent and Herm, but is still prepared to acknowledge that if the right offer comes along, we may sell others. Its not some huge revelation but it shows a matter of fact openess which I think makes him somebody people would be happy to work for. In so far as that may help in team building, it has to be a good thing.
  • Options
    Bing i agree, and i have said as much on charlton life already. I too think that he has this excellent way with words, and certainly the more i hear him speak the more i like him and the more i have to feel for westham.
  • Options
    Let's hope he "walks the walk" as well as he "talks the talk"
  • Options
    maybe enough wasnt made of what he actually achieved at WHam ... also with such a young team no wonder the attitudes went a bit funny.......