Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

No Curbs interview after the game

WSSWSS
edited January 2007 in Other Football and Sports
surely he wouldnt be fired would he?

If he was and Pardew was approached to go back what do you think would happen?

Redknapp type situation?

Just thinking out loud here

Comments

• edited January 2007
    Lets face it they've got last year's Charlton mgt team with a mix of Charlton rejects, confidence players and highly overpaid new signings - reminds me of Charlton 6 months ago! Saw Curbs on Sky turning away after the game and he was speechless.

Given it now looks like three out of four to go down I can't see Charlton allowing Pardew out of their sights and I rate him as the best of the four managers at the bottom.

The difference with Redknapp was he was working for/with people who had no knowledge of the top of the game. So was quite glad to go back even if he had been messed about.
  • edited January 2007
    He's done it now:

Linky
  • ssn interviewed him.
  • Should have seen the face of not only curbs but new owner/biscuit man, he looked well peeved,what a mess.
  • Let's be serious please. Curbs has only been there 5 minutes and there is no way he will leave before the end of the season.
    As for Pardew, there is no way he is going anywhere either.
    No point West Ham sacking Curbishley because the problem there is CLEARLY the bling merchants who have now let down two managers.
  • I suppose almost anything is possible but getting rid of Curbs now is even more desperate than offering £16M for Darren Bent.

Would Pards want to go back. No absolutely not. Redknapp fell out with the Chairman and resigned. Pards was sacked. Having been sacked unfairly once myself I cannot conceive of any sum/inducement or welcoming words which would make a sacked person forgive the bastards who did it. Pards got a payoff. Whats he going to do, pay it back? No he'll never go back with the Icemen at the helm.
  • Going back to West Ham?

Pards has said that one of the reasons he became manager at Charlton and so soon, was because he was angry and hurt at the way he was treated at West Ham - and that he had a point to prove.
  • And I think he's going to prove 3 points on 24th Feb :-)
  • Hopefully we'll be back at wembley next year then.