Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

guillem bauza could still sign!!!!!!

edited January 2011 in General Charlton
transfer window slams shut! only one signing bessone from leeds on that day!! guillem bauza still on trial and best friends (maybe) with bessone (played at swansea together) could well sign for us! ok lifers dont fancy it! maybe mr powell is thinking 'link player' maybe but maybe not!

Comments

• Hopefully not, thought he looked poor.
  • [cite]Posted By: Nicholas[/cite]Hopefully not, thought he looked poor.

Did not see him, but didn't he play well in all except one game? Barnet?
  • edited February 2011
    Thought he looked different class against Watford.
  • wow now i might not sleep tonight with all this excitement..............
  • Have not seen him play, but there seem to be mixed reviews on him. Perhaps it wouldnt hurt to give him a 6 month contract to see what he can do when he gets a good few games behind him
  • [cite]Posted By: Robert[/cite]Have not seen him play, but there seem to be mixed reviews on him. Perhaps it wouldnt hurt to give him a 6 month contract to see what he can do when he gets a good few games behind him

I suppose that it comes down to whether we can get anyone better
  • I saw him twice in pre-season and he stood out above everyone else in terms of vision and trying something different.

Sure we can get someone better post-takeover though.
  • Thought he looked good in pre-season. Was suprised when we didn't sign him.
  • [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]Thought he looked good in pre-season. Was suprised when we didn't sign him.

Seem to remember it being down to not being able to agree terms?
  • [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]wow now i might not sleep tonight with all this excitement..............

Sink this Johnny!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]wow now i might not sleep tonight with all this excitement..............

Sink this Johnny!

lol as if, nice thread :)
  • I was looking forward to seeing him against Barnet as he got some good reviews on here. I just thought he looked slow and his control and movement was poor, maybe it was just an off day in fact a very off day. I think if he was good enough he would have got a contract at a better team then Hereford, regardless of his fitness.
  • I think good reviews on here indicate the player has vision and ability, but the whole team had a stinker that day at Barnet.
    It's hard to play in a team that's not performing.

Maybe he could have got a better team than Hereford, but ........ remember he spent some considerable time here on trial, and by the time Parky told him he wouldn't get a contract there was very little time before the season started to fix himself up with a deal at other clubs.

Like most of us, footballers need to work; Bauza may have a young family to feed.
  • I only saw him once in pre-season (at Welling) and he looked good and miles better than some other players that subsequently got a contract with us (McCormack to name but one) and if he is not under contract anywhere I would certainly sign him up until the end of the season.

One thing though..............is he actually here training with us ? If not seen it confimed anywhere and as Henry says, if its not on the OS, its not true !!!!!!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]One thing though..............is he actually here training with us ? If not seen it confimed anywhere and as Henry says, if its not on the OS, its not true !!!!!!!!
    Bessone mentioned it in his audio interview on Player.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    Bessone mentioned it in his audio interview on Player.

So it is on the OS. If you pay for it.

;o)
  • In pre season he was our best player in some games and terrible in others. probably no harm in having him in the squad.
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]In pre season he was our best player in some games and terrible in others. probably no harm in having him in the squad.
    Too many players not always a good thing?

I don't see where he'd fit in without Benson or Abbott leaving.
  • i suspect since martin has gone, a space may now be avaiable for him to fill
  • What type of player is he? if is creative, perhaps he would be good to have on board. Add something different to our attack
  • Sponsored links:

• Pre-season he clearly wasn't match fit and although he played well in one game he didn't play well in the others and might have picked up an injury in the process.

Since then he's played a dozen or so games for Hereford so should up to match fitness, but I wonder why he didn't feature more often, and why have they released him after a six month contract expired? If he was any good surely they would have made a few efforts to keep him.
  • I got the impression that Bauza ditched Hereford and wanted to try his luck at a better club. A lot of players seem to sign a short term contract at a smaller club eg Basey at Barnet and Shittu at Millwall.

Like Esojas he came looking for a contract and when a better option came along in Martin we let him go . Like Muttley I'd sign him to boost the squad and see where it goes.
  • According to Wiki, he is training with Brentford, unless of course they have rejected him and he is now training with us.
  • I don't quite know where he'd play though.

He appears to be a continental "number 10" player in the hole, we haven't played a formation accommodating such a position since we tried, and failed, to do so with Shelvey.

He won't play up front - we have 5 strikers and Wagstaff can play a central role as he has in the last couple of games.

He won't play wide - far too slow.

He won't play in central midfield unless we play with two sitting midfielders, a lone front man and a man deeper.

Don't get it.
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]He won't play in central midfield unless we play with two sitting midfielders, a lone front man and a man deeper.

Ah, ISaw ........ like they do on the Continent?
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]He won't play in central midfield unless we play with two sitting midfielders, a lone front man and a man deeper.

Ah, ISaw ........ like they do on the Continent?

Indeed... el doble pivot!