Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MK Dons away ticket offer

I know some people won't go to MK out of principle but just seen the Sun are running this offer and our game there is included.

"Charlton fans can get a pair of tickets to watch the Addicks take on Milton Keynes Dons in March for just £19.50 thanks to The Sun newspaper.
From Saturday, the tabloid is running a special token collect promotion to enable supporters to make savings on Football League tickets.
The clash between Charlton and MK Dons at stadiummk on Tuesday, March 8th (7.45pm) is included in the initiative.
And to take advantage of the special offer, supporters must collect four out of six tokens which will be printed in The Sun on consecutive days from Saturday, January 29th to Friday, February 4th"

A match ticket for £9.75 can't be too bad.

Comments

• Options
    indeed, start cutting out those tokens
  • Options
    Some clueless bloke left a copy of the Sun next to me on the tube this morning...

mugged him right off!

;-)

1 down 3 to go!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I'm a bit bemused by the 'wouldn't go there on principle' idea. I don't approve of Crystal Palace, but I've paid to watch us go there. Wouldn't we be going there to watch us beat them, not going as an act of solidarity with the concept of the franchise FC?
  • Options
    Hi, i have been sent my 2 adult tickets but only need 1, so if anyone would like 2 buy the other for £9.75 they are welcome, whisper me if interested.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Uboat[/cite]I'm a bit bemused by the 'wouldn't go there on principle' idea. I don't approve of Crystal Palace, but I've paid to watch us go there. Wouldn't we be going there to watch us beat them, not going as an act of solidarity with the concept of the franchise FC?
    I have no idea what you're going on about. I will never give MK Dons a penny of my money because they stole a football club.
  • Options
    how long does this last for? would you to ever go Arsenal caos they stole it from woolwich? will you ever go to the olympic stadium if spurs get it cos they stole it from north london?
  • Options
    Lets not donw this road again.

Can someone be bothered to do a search and put linky's to the 10 previous 'Boycott Franchise'/'Wimbledon fans let their club die' threads
  • Options
    It'll be interesting to see how many people after claiming the moral high ground didn't bother going to Milton Keynes.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Lets not donw this road again.

Can someone be bothered to do a search and put linky's to the 10 previous 'Boycott Franchise'/'Wimbledon fans let their club die' threads

43 MkDon threads MK Dons Enjoy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    got this image of FOD's house being like ray finkles bedroom.

'DIE MK DONS, DIE'
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]got this image of FOD's house being like ray finkles bedroom.

'DIE MK DONS, DIE'
    I would love to do that with Winkelman's blood!

Have you seen The Simpson's were Sideshow Bob defends having Die Bart Die tattooed on his chest by claiming it's written in German?!
  • Options
    Was you previously a Wimbledon fans FOD?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]Was you previously a Wimbledon fans FOD?
    No.
  • Options
    I love that AFC take the moral high ground and yet they play in Kingson, Surrey – not exactly keeping it local were they !

Good luck to MK Dons, Wimbledon FC weren’t viable as a team and in time (and I mean a couple of generations) MK Don’s will have a decent supporter base, by which time Wimbledon FC in their former guise would almost certainly have been finished.

It’s a shame that people who have this moral objection can’t see the facts for what they are. I could understand the early objections as people were worried that this would open the floodgates to many other teams going down the franchise road. Well it’s been a decade now and that hasn’t happened. The simple fact is that England is too small to ever have a franchise system similar to the US. Milton Keynes was a one off as it was a sizeable city which didn’t have a football team. There aren’t really any others, so therefore it wouldn’t make commercial sense to most teams to go down the franchise road as even if you wanted to uproot to a large one team city (Leeds or Newcastle for instance) it’d never take off.
  • Options
    I understand the commercial reasoning behind what happened, but what about the fair play aspect of the game? Wimbledon got to were they did on merit and Milton Keynes has a non-league team. I wonder what will happen if Crawley continue to receive their funding and palace move back to Crystal Palace, Croydon is practically a city.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Croydon is particularly shitty.