Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Come on Ferrer

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2011
    6-6 tiebreak to come
  • Options
    Dont believe in the British stuff myself.....Im English and he is Scottish. Not a fan myself and he has hardly endeared himself to us, but dont give a monkeys at the end of the day.
  • Options
    Taking the view of 'anyone but my rivals' to win a game shows you up as a loser. People confident in their (or their teams) ability to win don't have to do this.

It's as sad when we do it for Palace games as it is when Scots do it against England.

I like being above that sort of thng.

Oh yeah, and its all nonsense abbout the Murray England hater anyway.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kingston[/cite]We all have an opinion !!

And on the Murray issue, I don't think I'm alone.

IMHO I think Andy Murray is unpopular in England

That is my opinion, but I think it is shared by others

Can you dispute that ?

Not at all.

We do however seem to take perverse pleasure in wanting other people to fail / enjoying other people failing. Whether that's something more predominent in this country as opposed to other parts of the world, i'm not so sure.

The press certainly get more enjoyment in bringing people down as opposed to celebrating their achievements, and i don't think we can fully blame the press for it because its reflected a fair amount by the people on the street.
  • Options
    Murray wins. England mourns.
  • Options
    well done son
  • Options
    och aye da nuuuuuuuuuuu
  • Options
    Murray through. 7-2 in the tie break
  • Options
    Three cheers, Hip Hip . . . . .
  • Options
    EIEIEIO
    Up the world rankings he will go
    When he wins a grand slam
    This is what we'll sing
    Andy Murray, Andy Murray
    Pride of Great Britain
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone who can't see past one joke he made in reply to a jibe from an interviewer, will probably not ever be a fan. But it's very heartening to see some good has come from this episode.
  • Options
    Ferrer outclassed by the better player on the night.
    Cracking honest sporting endeavour. A joy to watch (and I'm no tennis fanatic.)
    All I have seen coming from Murrays mouth directly has been considered respectful to opponents and interviewers thoughtful and polite.
    Whats not to like?

It couldnt be that rabble rousing journo's have been manipulating someones image could it?
  • Options
    Look.

I never said anywhere I didn't want him to win. I'm telling you I wouldn't particularly cheer him on.

I'm not alone in feeling like this about him. Don't forget I didn't start this thread, I didn't chose the Topic

But do a straw poll amongst a group of people anywhere, and I'm sure you will find a view that Andy Murray is not particularly popular

But who cares !
  • Options
    I feel neither here nor there about him. Too many evenings spent with Scottish people cheering on any other team we were playing to care about him, but this has been done to death.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kingston[/cite]Look.

I never said anywhere I didn't want him to win. I'm telling you I wouldn't particularly cheer him on.

I'm not alone in feeling like this about him. Don't forget I didn't start this thread, I didn't chose the Topic

But do a straw poll amongst a group of people anywhere, and I'm sure you will find a view that Andy Murray is not particularly popular

But who cares !

Agree with this.
  • Options
    what TEL said
  • Options
    One of my favourite sportsman love the way he plays like his personality and would like to see him win the final,unlike timmy and greg this guy can compete with anybody,still think he may never win a grand slam my heart says murray but my brain says him losing in the final is like printing money.
  • Options
    Well done, Andy, in spite of some of this mob on here.

Looking forward to Sunday, but it will be a tough match - strangely would have fancied his chances against Federer more than Djokovic, as he has a point to prove after last year.

Apologies for focussing on the tennis instead of nationalism verging on racism... ;-)
  • Options
    I hate him! Why you might ask, because i do. I dont need a reason to hate someone i'm very capable of doing it at first sight. Its not because he's scottish although that dont help and its not because of what he did or didn't say. I just hate him.
  • Options
    Well done Andy!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done if won!

I wouldn't like him if he had claimed to support England during the world cup as that would've been blatant sucking up to the Wimbledon crowd. Great bite from him, an honest answer is still riling people after all of these years!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]One of my favourite sportsman love the way he plays like his personality and would like to see him win the final,unlike timmy and greg this guy can compete with anybody,still think he may never win a grand slam my heart says murray but my brain says him losing in the final is like printing money.

He will have a few chances in the next couple of years. Federer is on the wane and Nadal is injury prone. I didn't think he quite had the game to win majors and I make Djokovic slight favourite, but this is a great chance. I don't particularly take to Murray, but then I didn't like Henman much either, but it would be nice to see someone from this country win one at last.
  • Options
    Well done Andy! Truly world class. I can relate to him so much more than that upper class twat Henmen. And he is a Charlton supporter!
  • Options
    thing with tennis players is that they have to remain so focused and serious that it probably translates into their lives off court. Murray can seem moody but then so do most indivdual athletes. was mcenroe that much of a maverick or did he just stand out cos the others were so boring.
  • Options
    yes a true honest answer from Murray and one from me i think he is a twat.
  • Options
    to be honest I don't like Murray
    I don't really like the jocks i have met in the past
    and i really don't like tennis, its a bit of a girls game
    so perhaps i am on the wrong thread
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: raymondao[/cite]so perhaps i am on the wrong thread

No, no, not at all
    Showing an irrational dislike of another nation, or unfounded bile towards individual tennis players, combined with an admission of derision of the sport on a tennis related thread is just perfect, apparantly.
  • Options
    well done Andy, now go and win it, however i don't think you will
  • Options
    well done andy now go on and get beaten, and i hope you don't ever win,
  • Options
    Well done Ray
    You have proved yourself to be a classic WUM on other threads.
    You dont like tennis, so perhaps leave tennis threads alone.
    Or are you really desperate for attention?