Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Confirmed: Dyer - Ass. Manager, Matthew - 1st Team Coach, Peacock - Technical Director

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Still nothing on OS .......?

Or even News Hopper.

:o)

On OS now
  • Options
    Matthew as first-team coach as well! Excellent!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Matthew as first-team coach as well! Excellent!
    Also Keith Peacock is "technical director". Whatever that is.
  • Options
    All good. Experienced coaches and Keithy P as Technical Director.
  • Options
    Good news.
  • Options
    if you wouldve asked me what i wanted our mgmt set up to look like when we made the change it wouldve been nothing like that.

The one thing i will say is i am glad i was not asked as that looks like a real good blend i am really positive about our future

Chris Powell = All of us bar none always thought Chris was going to get a chance was learning the right wayand could possibly turn in to a real good manager, working under Sven regardless of what peoples opinion of him personally are, was a major positive for me the guy knows his stuff and if you could learn from anyone he would be up there as choice of teacher.

Alex Dyer= I have been digging from ST holders at work and a bloke whos son is a goalie at Wet Spam who has played under Alex and made it on the bench of the first team this season reckons it is a top draw move he needs more exposure but plays football the " West Ham way" now i dont like to give them much credit but they do generally like to play football.

Damian Matthew= The one person at our club imo that has always had his team playing the right way, I think this is the best news out of the other 2 after scp

Keith Peacock= in the words of NSS jr proper Charlton and extreemly knowledgable a better option than lennie imo
  • Options
    It appears that we have 4 good people at the helm. I'm especially pleased KP is mentioned but can somebody tell me what a Technical Director is?!
  • Options
    I think this is great news. All four have playing football, not hoofing it in their veins. Really pleased to see Keefy back to a participating role.
  • Options
    The Matthew promotion is a very positive thing. I like the way our kids play.

Keith Peacock is always handy for those foreign trips eh.

*holds scarf aloft*
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Director_of_football

Goes some way to explaining what a TD does.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It seems there will be a footballing culture nurtured at Charlton now, we may well suffer on a winters night when it's cold and muddy oop north, but I think we will start to see some football that flows and sparkles a bit more...if only we could now unearth that talismanic player to take the ideas onto the pitch, we will be enjoying our games for the first time in years.
  • Options
    Regarding Keefy, CP says on the OS "and Keith Peacock will act as technical director - Keith will be the management guru as far as I am concerned!"
  • Options
    So kp is dishing out the bibs and collecting the cones then?
  • Options
    Chuffing marvellous set up
    Well done CP and the new directors.
    A really encouraging start and a management team that deserves to succeed, if karma has any say in the matter.

A nagging question though, is how much time will our impatient fans give this dream team?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]Chuffing marvellous set up
    Well done CP and the new directors.
    A really encouraging start and a management team that deserves to succeed, if karma has any say in the matter.

A nagging question though, is how much time will our impatient fans give this dream team?

Why should Chris Kamara have any say in this?
  • Options
    With DM'S promotion who will look after the kids?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Regarding Keefy, CP says on the OS "and Keith Peacock will act as technical director - Keith will be the management guru as far as I am concerned!"

If KP is the Guru where does that leave me ? ;0((
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]If KP is the Guru where does that leave me ? ;0((

The finest Guru in Shooters Hill? :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: lancashire lad[/cite]With DM'S promotion who will look after the kids?
    Steve Avory might do if he's back at the club
  • Options
    Steve Avory never left. I think you may mean Steve Gritt.

Avory as development coach someone else to come in at a lower level ib the set up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lol I didn't know if he'd gone back to teaching p.e what with our rapid fall from grace! He taught me at hazelwick in creepy Crawley!
  • Options
    Welcome back Alex!!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Regarding Keefy, CP says on the OS "and Keith Peacock will act as technical director - Keith will be the management guru as far as I am concerned!"

If KP is the Guru where does that leave me ? ;0((

ShootersHillTechnicalDirector

Welcome back Alex! A very nice chap indeed!
  • Options
    Excellent stuff all this - will need to be patient