Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

annual tribute.

edited January 2011 in General Charlton
i have just sent a name in for the annual tribute via the OS and the email thing that is set up on there. basically i just want to know if Richard Willgoss (the man were told to email) will get back to me and let me know that he has recieved my 'name' and confirm it will be included in this years tribute, as members of the family will want me to get them a copy of the programme that day for obvious reasons... any help would be appreciated, cheers!

Comments

• Options
    I can't help with your query but really hope we can get the big screen up and running in time for this - it adds a lot to it I feel
  • Options
    it says on the OS Swisdom that the big screen is not working which is a real shame as i agree with you on that, but names will be in the programme hence me wanting to know that my 'name' has been recieved so i can get copys for the family.
  • Options
    Richard may well be planned to reply to everyone in any case but if you particularly want a reply (and I can understand why) email him again and ask if he can confirm the details you've sent in.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I can't help with your query but really hope we can get the big screen up and running in time for this - it adds a lot to it I feel

No big screen I'm afraid. I asked and not possible.

I agree it does add a lot but should still be a moving event and something we can all take part in.
  • Options
    Bloodnut which name did you send in? if you prefer to whisper it to me - do so and i will check it for you
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Richard may well be planned to reply to everyone in any case but if you particularly want a reply (and I can understand why) email him again and ask if he can confirm the details you've sent in.

i included my email address in the one i sent him along with an explanation as to why id like to know that it has been recieved. and yes henry it is very important to me that his name is in that programme, it means a lot to me but more importantly he would love to be remembered in that way as he was a true addick and the club ment so much to him, its just a very fitting way to say one last goodbye!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: garfield[/cite]Bloodnut which name did you send in? if you prefer to whisper it to me - do so and i will check it for you

his name is Percy Long.

can i ask how you mean to do this for me or what standing you have at the club please, not being rude and thanks for your help but id like to know. again if you'd like to whisper that info to me then please do, but i have never done or recieved whispers before and computers are not my strong point, thanks again.
  • Options
    Bloodnut - Richard has not recieved your mail - try again on richard.willgoss@cafc.co.uk
    Alternatively mail me at paul.ellison@cafc.co.uk and i will ensure Richard recieves the information
  • Options
    The club are very good at rembering our CAFC friends (supporters and players) who have passed away.
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I can't help with your query but really hope we can get the big screen up and running in time for this - it adds a lot to it I feel

A couple of years ago a good friend of mine (a season ticket holder from the East Stand) died and I know that it meant a lot to his family (and to his friends and me) that his name was was shown on the big screen. Even if we can't get the screen all season, could we get it for a tribute?
  • Options
    I've just received an email from Richard Willgoss regarding the tribute. The name I suggested will be included so I guess as long as he gets your message the name will be included on the list.

On a personal note I'd just like to say that this is one of thoase events that make me realise just what a terrific football club Charlton Athletic are. This is a lovely gesture.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: garfield[/cite]Bloodnut - Richard has not recieved your mail - try again on richard.willgoss@cafc.co.uk
    Alternatively mail me at paul.ellison@cafc.co.uk and i will ensure Richard recieves the information

thats what i was worried about paul, hence me wanting confirmation that its been recieved! i will mail you and richard again now from my own personell email address and see if i have better luck with that. just for your information i clicked on the highlighted email address on the OS when i sent my name in and was thinking you might like to know incase there is some sort of problem with it and or the system, thanks again for chasing this up for me and hopefully it will work this time round!?
  • Options
    just want to say a public thankyou to everyone who has helped me out with this... henry for his info and pointer, richard willgoss for the kind wishes/regards from him on behalf of the club, and mostly paul ellison who from the start has been more than helpful to me in chasing this up from behind the scenes at the valley.
    paul would you be sure to pass on my thanks to richard, didnt want to clog up both of your inbox's with anymore mail from me (the email mystery is more than likely my fault, as i explained computers are not my strong point and ive probably missed a letter in someones name or put a dot in the wrong place ect. ect...) your efforts are very much appreciated on what i hope will be a memorable day not just for me but all the other people there remembering fellow addicks who have passed away over the last year.

PERCY LONG... Charlton till he died!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: JorgeCosta[/cite]A couple of years ago a good friend of mine (a season ticket holder from the East Stand) died and I know that it meant a lot to his family (and to his friends and me) that his name was was shown on the big screen. Even if we can't get the screen all season, could we get it for a tribute?

It's broken - they are not leaving it turned off just to save on the leccy!
  • Options
    When is the tribute and is it too late to get a name included?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]When is the tribute and is it too late to get a name included?

Next Saturday (v Peterborough) and I think the deadline may have already gone or be today.

Suggest you ring the Club this morning and ask to speak to Richard Wilgloss if you want to be sure.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]When is the tribute and is it too late to get a name included?

Next Saturday (v Peterborough) and I think the deadline may have already gone or be today.

Suggest you ring the Club this morning and ask to speak to Richard Wilgloss if you want to be sure.

Will do thank you.