Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

iPhone 3GS unlock / unblock - any success?

edited January 2011 in Not Sports Related
hey all,

I have an iPhone 3GS that I'd like to unblock from Vodafone but have read too many horror stories online to make me want to spend my money.

Does anyone know of software / places they have used that can do the job?

Comments

• Options
    Absolute nightmare mate....good luck
  • Options
    mobile street do it call them i think it cost about 50 quid
  • Options
    Stay on Voda, best network.
  • Options
    Did mine myself, was easy. There are loads of tutorials online
  • Options
    Depends when your contract is up. Have a look here.

I did it on o2 when mine finished, will probably be worth filling in the form whatever seeing as with unofficial routes you have the inconvenience of having to wait for updates, as well as the risk of it bricking up.

If you can't do that I'd suggest going full whack and jailbreaking it yourself. You can find plenty of instructions on Google.
  • Options
    I have a new iPhone 4 (work contract) so my old 3GS one is now mine and I'm looking to give it to Mrs. Shamkat so she can use it on Orange.

That said, she's not the most savvy so ideally I need it to have all working features once it's been done.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    did mine following these instructions, hopefully you have the correct baseband and firmware:
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4253

edit: if your phone isnt jailbroken google 'limera1n'
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    If your out of contract on the 3GS, just call the network and they do it for free!!!

o2 even have an online page for requesting it. There is no reason why they'd say no. Jailbreaking won't actually unlock the carrier just so you know. However there is a program you can download free through Cydia that will.
  • Options
    cafcpolo, many thanks. Just called them and all is being done (or so they said!).