Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

You sure this Microphone is off? Andy Gray Sacked.

Comments

• Out of order comments made by Keys & Gray although totally correct.

Of course women don't know the offside rule. She just guessed and got lucky, bless.

Why do women have to stick their noses into football? She should have been at home preparing dinner or ironing.

What next? Women going down the pub for a pre-match pint!
  • I read this in the Metro this morning, and it might be wrong, but it made me laugh!
  • Just goes to show how out of Touch Gray and Keys are with modern football. Everyone knows that thanks to FIFA nobody really knows the offside rule anymore.
  • Gordon Brown would be proud!
  • I'm sure not that many men are to familiar with the offside law either given that Fifa arse it about all the time. Some of the officials we have at our great home are less than good some are a total disgrace to the game and all have been men. Not sure someones sex defines their knowledge of the game tbh. You would have thought these commentating dinosaurs would realise a basic thing like when your mic is on and off.
  • Watching the American Football last night on Sky - the useless yank they have on there (not Kevin Cadle, the OTHER useless yank) forgot it was live TV and left his mic on when they went for an ad break and clearly said "Hey - when can I go to the bathroom?" Muppet
  • Made me laugh on Saturday when me and the Mrs both shouted offside as Plymouth broke forward, this coming from someone who claims to know nothing about football was quite amusing and she was right.
  • Mr Hairy has got previous for this. When will he learn...
  • Why say sorry they mean them as they said them.
  • not quite as bad as Big Ron as few years back, that cost him his career in punditry
  • Sponsored links:

• A shame it probably won't cost these two morons their career. Looking forward to the Football Ramble having a field day with this one
  • edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Mr Hairy has got previous for this. When will he learn...
    You mean the Faroe Island V Scotland game? The pair of them are idiots, the sooner they're off of TV the better.
  • I don't normally come over all pc on these things but frankly they should be ashamed of themselves. If they had said it about a racial group they would be sacked.

There are plenty of male fans and pundits who don't understand the offside rule. I seem to recall a discussion between Hansen and Shearer where they concluded that no one knows these days how the offside rules work with the passive and active considerations.
  • Why isn't anyone talking about the slimy creep that taped a private conversion and sold it on for profit? This was a PRIVATE conversation , the kind that goes on between men every single day. I detest people who will destroy careers just out of pure greed. So what if what was said between Gray and Keys was wrong ( its a matter of opinion) - it was not meant for public consumption.
    It's funny how all the sanctimonious Daily Mail readers come out of the woodwork when something mildly sexist is said.

Get a life.
  • [cite]Posted By: fatkit[/cite]not quite as bad as Big Ron as few years back, that cost him his career in punditry

It's strange how our reactions to racism and sexism differ.

Racist comment? Sacked (and rightly so by the way)

Sexist comment? Keep your job, bit of a laugh really, carry on.
  • edited January 2011
    They have expressed a view that they hold surely there allowed to this?
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]They have expressed a view that they hold surely there allowed to this?

Would you say the same if it had been a racist comment?

Not saying they should be sacked etc. Just interested to know.
  • Must have choked them to know she got the decision right!
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Watching the American Football last night on Sky - the useless yank they have on there (not Kevin Cadle, the OTHER useless yank) forgot it was live TV and left his mic on when they went for an ad break and clearly said "Hey - when can I go to the bathroom?" Muppet

Bradley Van Pelt is indeed a bit of a wally... bring back Cecil!
  • Yes, it was a terrific decision and there is no place for sexism of any kind in football. Gray and Keys shoukld be ashamed of themselves.

Oh btw.....Would ya?
  • Sponsored links:

• Keys and Gray are two of the worst offenders on not understanding the offside rule.

I hate Richard Keys, anyone who gets the hair on his hands lasered off because he's in HD deserves the sack
  • Its not a racist comment its regarding sport i personally think that woman assistant refs would not perform as well as male refs if this was to be proved without any tampering of stone cold facts would this be sexist or just fact.
  • [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]Yes, it was a terrific decision and there is no place for sexism of any kind in football. Gray and Keys shoukld be ashamed of themselves.

Oh btw.....Would Ya?
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Must have choked them to know she got the decision right!

And a borderline one at that! I'm just waiting for the 'it was only down to good luck' comment and my chuckle day will be complete.
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]Its not a racist comment its regarding sport i personally think that woman assistant refs would not perform as well as male refs if this was to be proved without any tampering of stone cold facts would this be sexist or just fact.

Sounds like Hitler trying desperately to prove blacks and Jews are inferior to whites!

She got the decision right? I didn't say it was a racist comment. I asked if you would say it's OK if it was a racist comment rather than a sexist one.
  • Seriously, there are some truely terrible men linos - most of them in fact so why not give more women a chance.
  • Surprised the Liverpool players didn't run over to her after the decision, pat her on the bum for getting it right and then celebrate with her (kisses/hugs).
  • Answer my question then would fact however hurtful to some would it be sexist or just factual? Andy gray knows his football why does he think that?
  • Women get same prize money as men in tennis grand slams even though they play one-two sets less,how is this fair?