Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Miranda Hart & Sarah Millican

Comments

• Options
    Channel4 flagged up this show so much during the week. Loads of previews etc. We kept being told that it was the first time on C$ and it was 100% live and Jonathan Ross was presenting and Russell Brand would be there (ok he wasn't for understandable reasons - although he is still an unfunny tosser) and it was going to be the so "edgy".
    I changed my whole normal "In On A Saturday Night Schedule" to take in this programme and it was nothng short of pathetic. About as edgy as an episode of Play Away.
    Funniest thing was JR's opening speach, good digs at SK Amos, and Simon Cowell for example.

IMO The Trip was the best comedy on TV for years. Brilliant. Coogan is a GENIUS.
  • Options
    Agreed the trip was brillant
  • Options
    Miranda Hart is ok - although would only watch it if i was forced to. Never heard of the other woman. Stephen K. Amos is probably the unfunniest person on the planet. What the BBC do annoys me greatly. They will give a show to a comedian and then get them on every other show under the sun. Stewart Lee is superb as is Richard Herring. I get the feeling the BBC tries to dumb down all these comedians. Perhaps they lose it in the process of becoming mainstream.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Russel Brand is a funny funny man, so he's ok with me.

Delighted Peter Calpaldi won best comedy actor for Malcolm Tucker, and Brooker won for NewsWipe
  • Options
    I think Women comedians are just as funny as men and so do Andy Gray and Richard Keys.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Russel Brand is a funny funny man, so he's ok with me.

Delighted Peter Calpaldi(sic) won best comedy actor for Malcolm Tucker, and Brooker won for NewsWipe

Brand not funny. How is he funny? Please tell me one thing he has ever said that is funny. Please!

Capaldi - Brilliant as is The Thick of It.

Newswipe - Yeah amusing but it's just Tarrant on TV. Charlie Brooker already looking out of his depth on Thursday Night Live.
  • Options
    Women seem to find him funnier than men ---oppps, sexist remark! I'll get my coat.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Channel4 flagged up this show so much during the week. Loads of previews etc. We kept being told that it was the first time on C$ and it was 100% live and Jonathan Ross was presenting and Russell Brand would be there (ok he wasn't for understandable reasons - although he is still an unfunny tosser) and it was going to be the so "edgy".
    I changed my whole normal "In On A Saturday Night Schedule" to take in this programme and it was nothng short of pathetic. About as edgy as an episode of Play Away.
    Funniest thing was JR's opening speach, good digs at SK Amos, and Simon Cowell for example.

IMO The Trip was the best comedy on TV for years. Brilliant. Coogan is a GENIUS.

Agreed Chirpy, the show was the most unfunny for years. Ross at the start was very good and the rest of the show as mainly taken up by the unbelieveable amount of adverts (saw the repeat last night). I presume they got into The Guinness book of records for the most amount of adverts in a 2 hour slot :-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite][quote]
    Agreed Chirpy, the show was the most unfunny for years. Ross at the start was very good and the rest of the show as mainly taken up by the unbelieveable amount of adverts (saw the repeat last night). I presume they got into The Guinness book of records for the most amount of adverts in a 2 hour slot :-)[/quote]

that award has got to go to ITVs FA cup hightlights program
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I find them both funny, not like a lot of the new male comedians.
  • Options
    i would sarah, bit of a weird crush thing with her.. but miranda looks likes shes been on the steriods.. horse steriods..

MMCR2_SarahMillican_Divorced.jpg

miranda_hart_edit.jpg?width=281&height=211&matte=true&matteColor=black
  • Options
    Going to see Paul Foot at the Soho Theatre next week. Has a week long residency which is sold out.

He's been around the club circuit for a few years and is now starting to break through.

His current show Ash in the Attic is directed by Noel Fielding and was showcased at the Edinburgh Fringe this year.

If you get a chance to check him out do so, as within the next year or so he is going to playing much bigger venues.
  • Options
    the funniest thing at the moment is how mikey flannagan is being hailed as one of the best new talents around.. anyone who knows me knows i used to be in the comedy world and Mikey has been around for bloody years!! and pretty much doing the same routine 'the cockney walks' and the bit about at school making bottle openers and prams, its funny how it takes some people ala jack whitehall literally a week to get his own show yet people who have been grafting for over 20 years dont get a look in anywhere like simon evans,dan kitson boothby graffoe.
  • Options
    Sarah Millican reminds me of a cross between a best mate and my sister. They're both funny people, very witty, so I like her on the TV shows. Not a big fan of her stand-up.

Never seen anything from Miranda Hart, so can't comment
  • Options
    I like Miranda, but then I have an imagination and a sense of humour. There are not many comedians I don't like, they are doing their best to cheer us up, and not every gag hits the spot, and some vehicles don't work (Stephen K. Amos), but it does not stop them being funny in other stuff they do. Too may people make their mind up about something before thay have actually heard it (Russell Brand), or hit on bullshit newspaper reports from 25 years ago (Jo Brand). If they stopped being prejudiced and actually watched/listened with an open mind they might be a bit more cheerful themselves.

There are certainly some who deserve a bigger audience - like the aforementioned Richard Herring (I used to love "This morning with Richard, not Judy"), Steve Hughes and Milton Jones - to name but three. Hopefully they will get their chance at the big time.
  • Options
    No to both, just not funny, I guess its a man thing but I dont find many women comics funny, Ruby Wax is maybe the exception.
    As for Jo Brand, do me a favour, just not funny.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]I like Miranda, but then I have an imagination and a sense of humour. .

I also share those two traits but I just don't find her funny.

Different tastes I suppose. Going to see Jerry Sadowitz on Thursday but I imagine he'd not be everyone's cuppa and would be more likely to appear on Crimewatch for something than any other mainstream BBC prime time slot.

I get tickled by the likes of Bill Hicks, Doug Stanhope, Frankie Boyle who arent to everyones liking and dont find Michael Macintyre, Peter Kay or Stephen K Amos stand up as good as the mainstream hail it.

All down to individual tastes and type of sense of humour rather than having one or not.
  • Options
    I'd normally agree with the general consensus about female stand ups... But saw Shappi Khorsandi on one of the live from the Apollos shows who was better than most of the males i had seen in recent times.

Now if we're talking about comic writers actresses there are some fantastic females that are producing material as good as if not better than their male peers. Julia Davies, Carolina Aherne, the Stevenson sisters, Ruth Jones are just four that spring to mind, Miranda isn't my cup of tea but she is massively popular, and isn't relaint on shouting catchphrases to get her laughs.
  • Options
    Didn't rate Miranda but found her great in Not Going Out (cracking series by the way, seriously underrated imo)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They're about as funny as my dads funeral!
  • Options
    Liked miranda on the recent tv series she was in. Just found out she's our client too and she's coming into the office either tomorrow or Thursday. Might persuade be to become a lifer ; )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Keith Burtons[/cite]They're about as funny as my dads funeral!

Very odd coment from a very odd poster. Check out KB's posts..........weird!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Frankie Boyle
    Frankie's TV show made Miranda look like funny by comparison tbf
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]

The sketches were painful.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]

Im talking about his stand up stuff and general sense of humour from programmes like mock the week.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]I like Miranda, but then I have an imagination and a sense of humour. .

I also share those two traits but I just don't find her funny.

Different tastes I suppose. Going to see Jerry Sadowitz on Thursday but I imagine he'd not be everyone's cuppa and would be more likely to appear on Crimewatch for something than any other mainstream BBC prime time slot.

I get tickled by the likes of Bill Hicks, Doug Stanhope, Frankie Boyle who arent to everyones liking and dont find Michael Macintyre, Peter Kay or Stephen K Amos stand up as good as the mainstream hail it.

All down to individual tastes and type of sense of humour rather than having one or not.

Like I said, I find everyone funny at times, and I don't close my mind just because the don't have a willie (not meaning you RCC). I like all those you mention, Bill Hicks is one of my all time heroes - what a loss to the world that man was.
    I Don't dismiss anyone on the basis of one thing they have done - I love Steve Martin for example, but Cheaper by the Dozen was one of the worst films I have ever seen... As you say it's down to taste, I'm just lucky that mine is broad so I get to laugh more than others
  • Options
    Jerry sadowitch best ever joke:

how do you get 47 pakistanis into a datsun cherry?

F**k knows, but they do.
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    I think Miranda is very very laugh out load funny & I love Victoria Wood, so whoever mentioned that is probably right.

I saw the other women on Graham Norton & although she made me chuckle, I couldn't get past the voice or her complete lack of fashion sense :-/

The Trip I also found hilarious but only because of the lovely Brydon. Coogan for me played himself, a complete up his own arse waste of oxygen who I could happily punch in the face continuously without remorse.