Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Africans

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
Is that four now?

Bougherra (Algeria)
El Karkouri (Morrocco)
Diwarra (Senegal)
Faye (Senegal)

Are they all French speakers?

Comments

• Options
    Whens the next africa nations cup tournament.
  • Options
    plus the 3 kids we have in Norway and Belgium.
  • Options
    Make that 5 with Song coming in.

Yes, they should all be able to converse in French although the Algerians/Moroccans would have a slightly different dialect because of the Arabic influence whereas the Senegalese speak European-French.
  • Options
    Bougherra (I believe) was born and raised in France but plays for Algeria due to parentage.

The Elk used to play for Paris St Germain, so should be used to "European" French. Song also used to play in France.

So, in theory, they should all be able to speak European(ish!) French. Blimey - we're turning into Arsenal! ;o)
  • Options
    I started this 'cos of Song, then forgot him!
  • Options
    I wonder if the French Connection was pivotal in the Bougherra signing

CA - FC
  • Options
    Maybe, like you, he just likes the CAFC initials and wants to play for them again.
  • Options
    Zulus! Fahsands of em!
  • Options
    The steward where I sit in the West Stand is African. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Hey, we were all African once..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not me mate. Dunno about the rest of yous.
  • Options
    Not me mate. Dunno about the rest of yous.

Two schools of thought...that after the last minor inter-glacial era (which ended ca 10,000 years ago) the number of humans had dwindled down to around 150,000 or so most of whom lived in Africa, as it was the only warmish place left of earth. The other theory is essentially the same but suggests that Homo Sapiens emanated from Asia. Most human remains of ancient man have though been found in Africa - typically Ethiopia/Kenya (eg Lucy) but I suspect their survival is more to do with the warm dry climate.

Anyhow after this period because there were so few humans left there is little difference in the DNA structure thus the maximum genetic difference between any two people on earth is said to be around 17%.

Analysis of DNA also shows that Humans and Chimps are very closely related (more so than Chimps are to Apes) we share around 99% of DNA.

So the bad news is not only are you likely to be African you are also closely related to the chimp.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]

So the bad news is not only are you likely to be African you are also closely related to the chimp.

Err, no ........ for all your clever arguments "I" am STILL not African and never have been. Now if the question was whether I may be of African decent in some distant era then there may be a point to be made - except it obviously wouldn't have been called Africa back then. It wouldn't have been called anything.

Using your same rationale it would therefore be logical to say that "you" were once some ocean dwelling spineless floater. Would that be fair comment?
    ;o)
  • Options
    Using your same rationale it would therefore be logical to say that "you" were once some ocean dwelling spineless floater. Would that be fair comment?

Or even a lungfish.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]

;o)

Don't stand for that BFR - he's calling you a Millwall fan.
  • Options
    To be fair I did suggest that he was a chimp.
  • Options
    Come on lads we all came from Jesus
  • Options
    Come on lads we all came from Jesus
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Come on lads we all came from Jesus

adam & eve?