Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Andros Townsend

has joined Watford on loan

Comments

• boo :-(

do hope we can soon get out of this poxy division...
  • Shame would have been nice to see him play where his grandad pete did...
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Shame would have been nice to see him play where his grandad pete did...[/quote]

Does that make Andy Townsend his Dad?
  • Does that make Andy Townsend his Dad?

No you have to be a certain age to understand this joke . Anyway Pete's name is Townshend not Townsend and he played to the biggest crowd the Valley saw in the 70's.
  • Who???? ;-)
  • Gone back to Spurs after playing only a few games.

Now I wonder........................
  • edited February 2011
    Big yes from me , and would like Bostock as well .
  • Based on what i saw of him at spurs he would be an amazing signing.
  • Would be suprised if he came but would be a decent signing if he did. Wonder what happened at Watford?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]pete_townshend.jpg
    One of the best performances at the Valley under Curbishley
  • Left winger mainly isn't he? Why don't we try and get Reid playing like we know he can more often?

Getting a pacey winger type of player in would just remind me of Pardew signing Scott Sinclair on loan when we already has Thomas, Ambrose, Sam and Cook to play out wide.

Signing better players on loan if we can is fair enough. Don't think we should sign players for positions that we already have decent players in.

Now a playmaking type who can play on the right of midfield, that would be useful and very different to what we have.
  • Totally different style of player to Reid, Infact I would say he is comfortable across the midfield,
  • This man is quality... scares the shite out of defenders; quick and makes direct runs.
  • PLayed well against us in the cup but not sure how good he is usually or if that was a one off. Beleive he plays across the midfield so would come with versatility and pace - certainly more a winger than JJ seems to be.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Left winger mainly isn't he? Why don't we try and get Reid playing like we know he can more often?

Getting a pacey winger type of player in would just remind me of Pardew signing Scott Sinclair on loan when we already has Thomas, Ambrose, Sam and Cook to play out wide.

Signing better players on loan if we can is fair enough. Don't think we should sign players for positions that we already have decent players in.

Now a playmaking type who can play on the right of midfield, that would be useful and very different to what we have.

Totally agree. I doubt we are 'that' flush with money and what little I suspect we have must be used for a centre half and a creative centre midfielder in my opinion. Surely in this poxy league and with the right service, we have the strikers to get us out of it!
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Left winger mainly isn't he? Why don't we try and get Reid playing like we know he can more often?

Totally agree. I doubt we are 'that' flush with money and what little I suspect we have must be used for a centre half and a creative centre midfielder in my opinion. Surely in this poxy league and with the right service, we have the strikers to get us out of it!

Unfortunately we don't have the back 5 to make this a sure fire thing.

With regard to Townsend. That is two Championship teams who have terminated loan deals for him this season. Ipswich and Watford. Perhaps the Championship is a step too far for him?. Don't think we should be judging him on one performance against us in the cup - very easy to look like a world beater in a strong Spurs side when playing against a 3rd division team.

I'm sceptical as to whether or not we should be looking at him. We have other priorities.
  • No thanks, some people are far too quick to judge, I'll bet most people here, like me, have only really seen him against us, and that is not enough to convince me that he is a world beater and would walk into our side and make a huge difference.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Left winger mainly isn't he? Why don't we try and get Reid playing like we know he can more often?

I think he is 'mainly', but he played on the right against us in the cup and gave Fry a torrid time.

In a way I'd like to see Reid starting a run of games, but he hasn't done that much in recent substitute appearances.
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Totally different style of player to Reid, Infact I would say he is comfortable across the midfield,
    Totally different? I saw him in the youth cup against us a few years ago. I'm sure he's a winger/striker, runs with the ball and has pace. Can't have changed his game a huge amount in a few years.
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]I think he is 'mainly', but he played on the right against us in the cup and gave Fry a torrid time.
    Which Reid can himself at this level. Look what Luke Varney can do in the Prem given confidence and the right role in a team that suits him.
  • Sponsored links:

• I always get Andros Townsend confused with that rapper who was on I'm A Celebrity
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I always get Andros Townsend confused with that rapper who was on I'm A Celebrity

Vanilla Ice?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I always get Andros Townsend confused with that rapper who was on I'm A Celebrity[/quote]

Aggro Santos?
  • [cite]Posted By: BoomBoomPowell[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I always get Andros Townsend confused with that rapper who was on I'm A Celebrity

Aggro Santos?

quality!
  • Started a couple of games looking quick but like any young British winger had little end product and often gave the ball away.

Also from what our manager suggests was a bit big-headed..but then which young players aren't?

Mind you as a team we are generally not in good form which hardly helps.
  • scum on loan til the end of the season
  • [cite]Posted By: BoomBoomPowell[/cite]scum on loan til the end of the season

Millwall?

or "He's come on loan til the end of the season"
  • Millwall
  • Yep he's joined us.
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Yep he's joined us.

Good signing for you.

He was impressive against us in our cup tie at Tottenham.