Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Article: Beware the Manager Cult

124»

Comments

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I only said that I'm convinced that was the purpose behind the Board's actions.

But nowhere did I make any connection with Manchester Utd after Munich.
    Or any comparisons with other clubs ' situations.

You just come across as totally cynical, Nadou.[/quote]

Oggy, I never said you made a connection with Manchester United after Munich. I was using that as an example to counter SHG's assertion that we are as united now as any club ever has been.

I am neither cynical, Oggy, nor unhappy, NLA (but thanks for the Self Help smiling advice ;-) ), I was merely trying to provide some perspective. I am very happy that Chris Powell has become our manager. I think he's a smashing bloke and and I am hopeful for our future under him. I just can't see the point in over-exaggeration.
  • Options
    We all held hands and prayed to the God of Tooting and, lo, it reapeth an unexpected point in the North.

Let us now gather at the house of Seed and will a result against the Pilgrim travellers.

P.S. Group Sex at 8.30 and Mass Suicide at 10.30 for those who missed this morning's announcements.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: charente addick[/cite]We all held hands and prayed to the God of Tooting and, lo, it reapeth an unexpected point in the North.

Let us now gather at the house of Seed and will a result against the Pilgrim travellers.

P.S. Group Sex at 8.30 and Mass Suicide at 10.30 for those who missed this morning's announcements.[/quote]

Ah, a reviving blast of humour. Thanks, Charente. (Are you a Charentais, or do you just live there?)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charente addick[/cite]We all held hands and prayed to the God of Tooting and, lo, it reapeth an unexpected point in the North.

P.S. Group Sex at 8.30 and Mass Suicide at 10.30 for those who missed this morning's announcements.

LOL superb
  • Options
    When Pardew was here I am sure there were quite a few posts which used the word "Manager" and the word "cult" in the same sentence. At least I think it was "cult".............
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]

LOL superb

What the Group Sex?

Don't be late, will you?

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]

LOL superb

What the Group Sex?

Don't be late, will you?

Y;o)

On my way now ;-)
  • Options
    glad to hear it Nadou, if i find the book i will post it to you.

now lets invite Chriisy powell to the group sex and just get on with it
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]glad to hear it Nadou, if i find the book i will post it to you.

now lets invite Chriisy powell to the group sex and just get on with it[/quote]

Judging by the over-excitement of many on here, if Chrissy came to the Group Sex there would be a lot of premature ejaculation! :-)
  • Options
    Lol charente and nadou.

Pleased my efforts simulated such an interesting and varied debate.

Thanks for all the feedback too.

Next week. Is steve kavanagh the anti-christ and if so how can we tell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i just did so i wont be making the evenings sex act.

please dont mention the name chrissy powell at 6pm again

oops and again
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]i just did so i wont be making the evenings sex act.

Can't manage it again tonight, NLA .....?

Must be getting old.
    ;o)
  • Options
    Charente is an absolute loon.

God of tooting!

Great stuff.
  • Options
    I can't remember what club we bought chris powel off, was it derby county?
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: sillav nitram[/cite]I can't remember what club we bought chris powel off, was it derby county?

Yes. £800k I believe.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I think the combination of bringing a legend back to the club as well as the realisation that Wise is not involved in any way has given us all a spring in the step. That's why the 'love in' is pretty heavy.
  • Options
    Oh Bollox Henry. Does this mean I can't bring my prayer mat and picture, signed, of Sir Chris to the next Bromley gathering?
  • Options
    Oh dear, Henry. another patronising missive
    There was I all wide eyed and loved up with the return of Chrissy Powell , thinking we were going to win every game 5-0.
    Its a good job we have you on board to keep us lesser mortals duly informed and stop us going crazy with excitement.
  • Options
    10vtm.jpg
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]10vtm.jpg

I thought it was Chris Powell rather than Hope Powell who was our new manager

:-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The thing for me is the gloom over the club has started to lift, it's been with us since Danny Murphy left, and Curbs realised that he couldn't build another team to compete.

That in itself is enough.
  • Options
    Too down to post again so I thought I would just bump this.