Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

LATEST POLL: West Ham's latest £18m Darren Bent bid

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
If the reported £18m bid is to be believed, were Charlton correct in rejecting it ?

Comments

• Options
    Heavily on the 'no sell' side at the moment, keep voting guys and girls...
  • Options
    i have said no no no no no no no no

no way
  • Options
    Although I voted yes, because I truly believe that it would be madness to sell him, or anyone else to West Ham - it could be a no if one of the bigger clubs came in for him.
  • Options
    NOT IN A MILLION YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

with 3 yearss on his contract at the end of the season we will still get 18 mill for him.
    should never ever sign your best assets to any one if theres still hope of staying up.
  • Options
    Selling baby Bent now would top the whole dissapointing abortion of a season for me. I am the first to admit to anyone who is unfortunate enough to be in earshot of me that I have NOT been my true Addick self this season. My passion for all things Charlton has taken a huge knock over the Dowie/Reed buisness, which I found just so un-Charlton but selling Dazzer to those jammy East End toe rags yesterday would of finished me.
  • Options
    12% currently think £18m would be too big a big for an injured player to reject. Would be interested in the argument put forward for one of those who voted that.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]12% currently think £18m would be too big a big for an injured player to reject. Would be interested in the argument put forward for one of those who voted that.[/quote]

Mortrain?

I didn't vote for that option...but it presupposes that as Bent is out injured (scheduled to return Feb 10 - might be longer) and therefore West Ham can't use him. Also that we need goals and now and that none of M Bent, JFH, Lisbie and whoever else we have in our alleged striking department look like scoring them for us - or at least in the quantity needed. In that light taking a fit Marlon Harewood on part ex and using some of the rest of the money to make a bid for Nugent and/or David Healy does have a bit of sense about it. However today is the last day of the window...
  • Options
    Im not certain Nugent would come to us and if he did we would have to pay silly money £8m+ to get him.

Best we sell Bent to Liverpool for £15m in the summer and pick up Nugent for £5m and Freddie for £2m when Preston flunk in the play offs and Sarfend go down.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    As a West Ham fan with Charlton next on my list of affections, I'd say if you were really offered £18m for Bent you should have snatched their arms off. He's worth nothing like that much, even if he could play 3 games without retiring to the treatment table with exhaustion.

I sincerely hope West Ham dont buy him at any price- we have enough problems already.
  • Options
    Darren Bent has been largely injury free since he signed and also since he began playing professionally. This is his longest spell injured by some margin.