Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holiday(s) 2011

edited January 2011 in Not Sports Related
So where are we all off to this year?

Just booked up 15 nights on the West Coast of Mauritius in May ---> http://www.lapirogue.com/mauritius/resort.php

Probably do a week somewhere else in Septemebr too but not sure where yet.

Comments

• Options
    Also going to Mauritius (4th time there) ... brilliant place.

And Algarve in September to spend some time in Floyd's Bar with Perry and Karen.
  • Options
    4-day £9.50 Sun holiday caravan job in March
    weekend at Centre Parcs in May.
    Probably another cheap caravan job later in the year

Don't get too jealous.....
  • Options
    Bulins weekender in march..........Skool reunion ( Boy George star turn !!)

A week or 2 in Cornwall in summer.

(That 2 week Med Cruise last year seems so long ago now )
  • Options
    lol ... AFKA, when the kids are younger it's good enough to just get away
  • Options
    2 weeks in spain in September planned, other than that might try and grab a long weekend camping somewhere in the early part of the summer
  • Options
    2 weeks in Crete in June, and then spending a long weekend just before Christmas in Germany, they know how to celebrate it properly!
  • Options
    Have Have always fancied Mauritius. Neither of us drive (well, may have licence by then but possibly not) would that be an issue ? What sort of cost would I be looking at (totally ball park) for a couple of weeks around June time (not during school holiday season) ? Any decent sites to check out for competitive costs ?
  • Options
    Mexico for 2 weeks in October :)
  • Options
    Nowhere, baby due in July. May try and do something on the cheap around Easter before, perhaps in this country, Devon or Cornwall.
  • Options
    Back to Algarve in July and will going back to Floyds. Anyone who is in the Algarve make an effort to pop in if you can well worth a visit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Week in Suffolk. In June. The week it rains.

Livin the dream.
  • Options
    Somewhere warm & sunny in March - Hawaii possibly.

UK in Aug/Sept
  • Options
    Ibiza in September
  • Options
    Me and the missus taking our grandson to Orlando on May 30 for two weeks.

Can't ucking wait.
  • Options
    Spain in March, Spain in April, Spain in September. We have a house out there that is costing us a fortune at the moment, but we love it. We rent it out if anyone is interested Cabo Roig, Costa Blanca, five minutes walk to bars and restaurants 10 minutes walk to beach, 10 minute drive to 3 golf courses. No hooligans!

Whisper me if interested.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]lol ... AFKA

You can LOL as much as you like, you're the one going to Mauritius !!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]Have Have always fancied Mauritius. Neither of us drive (well, may have licence by then but possibly not) would that be an issue ? What sort of cost would I be looking at (totally ball park) for a couple of weeks around June time (not during school holiday season) ? Any decent sites to check out for competitive costs ?

Easy enough to hire a driver but a bit more costly obviously ... but there are many excursion tours you can go on. Fantastic island with so much to see.

Price for accommodation varies immensely with some very top quality high price resorts to many very reasonably priced. People are great, food is terrific and a good climate. If you go, make sure you get a day at the races ... great day out. If you go, let me know and I can recommend a few excursions.

Just google mauritius and hotels, you will find a great variety.

General info: http://www.mauritius.net/index.php
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]lol ... AFKA

You can LOL as much as you like, you're the one going to Mauritius !!

very true ... but only now the kids are off my hands and I have some money ;-)
  • Options
    @se9addick Mauritius is about the size of Surrey, nowhere is more than an hour and a half away. Best All-inclusive is The Shandrani, free Champagne whenever choice of 5 superb restaurant, and Jean-Louis pisment the Manager is a personal friend of ours. Special offers of up to 20% if you book before January. Approx £2,000 +per person gets you a good standard of Hotel.
    Happy to offer special discounts to all Charlton Supporters for all types of Holidays and we are Atol protected
  • Options
    Magaluf for 3 nights in September. 25th-year anniversery of first boys holiday.

Skiing in April for other half's 40th.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]Have Have always fancied Mauritius. Neither of us drive (well, may have licence by then but possibly not) would that be an issue ? What sort of cost would I be looking at (totally ball park) for a couple of weeks around June time (not during school holiday season) ? Any decent sites to check out for competitive costs ?

Just did a quick check, you can get variety of hotels on below site:

http://www.mauritius-seychelles.com/mauritius-hotels.php
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: addicktedtocharlton[/cite]@se9addick Mauritius is about the size of Surrey, nowhere is more than an hour and a half away. Best All-inclusive is The Shandrani, free Champagne whenever choice of 5 superb restaurant, and Jean-Louis pisment the Manager is a personal friend of ours. Special offers of up to 20% if you book before January. Approx £2,000 +per person gets you a good standard of Hotel.
    Happy to offer special discounts to all Charlton Supporters for all types of Holidays and we are Atol protected[/quote]

Mexico any top hotels that don't have cold swimming pools?
  • Options
    San Francisco in April/May
  • Options
    Have a group holiday every year with about 12 adults and as many kids. This year we've hired a big house in France. Lots of messing about in the pool, playing footie, cricket, table footie and ping pong, BBQs and drinking. Can't wait.

Decided we can't afford skiing this year, unfortunately.
  • Options
    Alicante!
  • Options
    Off to Oggy land in June for a week followed two weeks later with a weekend in Krakow without the kids!
  • Options
    Where is nice to go in April\May for sun?
  • Options

Stayed at the Heritage Spa in Mauritius for honeymoon. It was the dogs doo da's with absolutely everything thrown in but it wasn't cheap. Highly recommended.

God bless the young bride and her poor husband. Another sad story.
  • Options
    Cyprus this year again have a house there great for a get away from it all situated between Protaras and Ayia Napa we rent it out will give discounts to any Charlton supporters www.kos18.webs.com
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: cafc1263[/cite]Cyprus this year again have a house there great for a get away from it all situated between Protaras and Ayia Napa we rent it out will give discounts to any Charlton supporters www.kos18.webs.com[/quote]

Very nice looking place. What is the weather like there in May?