Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Something fishy going on!!

edited January 2011 in Not Sports Related
I scored 10 out of 13 - not bad, not bad!

Anyone beat it?

Do you know your fish?

Comments

• edited January 2011
    7 out of 13 for me - I do not know one flatfish from another apparently! I do know that they taste nice though :-)
  • Same as Wilma 7 out of 13,and i live by the sea.The south sea that is.
  • edited January 2011
    Got them all but two were guesses.................. Think i've dated 4 of them :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Got them all but two were guesses.................. Think i've dated 4 of them :-)

impressive uncle - how come you're such an authority on fish??
  • Worked as a fishmonger back in the day...... A while ago now but just remembered a few things i learnt back then, like the thumb print on the haddock.
  • edited January 2011
    I scored 6 out of a possible 13.

"For cod's hake, you've hit rock bottom".

I too live by the sea. I guessed at most of them.
  • I got 4, lol. Can anyone do worse?
  • 5-guessed at every one. I live nowhere near the sea.
  • 9 live nowhere near the sea
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: stackitsteve[/cite]I got 4, lol. Can anyone do worse?
    I can equal it.
  • 4 scared of the sea
  • Well, i know shit about fish. Only recognise them when wearing their batter coats.............and my grand total score is....................2/10. HA-HA
  • [cite]Posted By: tangoflash[/cite]Well, i know shit about fish. Only recognise them when wearing their batter coats.............and my grand total score is....................2/10. HA-HA

Blimey that is bad there are 13 questions and you got it out of 10 hahaha
  • Ouch, a grand total of 3! I blame it on the Flatfish, the new owners and the family dog dribbling on the erm screen. I think I'd have been much better at tropical fish, slightly less likely to eat them.
  • [cite]Posted By: Senpai[/cite]"For cod's hake, you've hit rock bottom".

Only 4 :(
  • There is only one feeeesh
  • 9 but I admit to guessing a couple.
  • 6 out of 13. I know next to nothing about fish and guessed the lot.
  • 13 out of 13

run you mouse over the pic and it tells what the fish is
  • Sponsored links:

• 4 for me but then I hate fish, welll eating it that is I don't mind catching Carp.
  • A very respectable 7 even if I say so myself.
  • 7 for me also.

Did anyone else see the programme on C4 last night?

EastStandmike - Popped into Tescos at Christmas had whole Carp on the fish counter, bit of a surprise for me but I understand the Polish eat them on Christmas eve
  • [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]7 for me also.

Did anyone else see the programme on C4 last night?

EastStandmike - Popped into Tescos at Christmas had whole Carp on the fish counter, bit of a surprise for me but I understand the Polish eat them on Christmas eve

Tell me about it T, the lake I fish in Kent is always having problems with Eastern Europeans not putting the carp back once they have caught them, ban the lot of them thats what I say.
  • 8. No idea with the flat fish.