Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fog Lights

Why the f*** do people have their fog lights on when it's not foggy. pr*kcs !!!

Comments

• Options
    They look "coooool"
  • Options
    Either that or the silly twat dont know how to turn them off.

I'm sure theres some highway code rule against it?
  • Options
    not as annoying as middle lane hoggers on an empty motorway - udsually oaps

grrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]not as annoying as middle lane hoggers on an empty motorway - udsually oaps

grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Normally with their fog lights on as well!
  • Options
    Middle lane hoggers with their fog lights on applying make up in their rear view mirror with their indicator still flashing!

Aaaarrrrggghhhhh
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Middle lane hoggers with their fog lights on applying make up in their rear view mirror with their indicator still flashing!

Aaaarrrrggghhhhh

Ah, so that's how MCS used to drive the Mini....
  • Options
    No rules to say you can't have your front fog lights on at all times.

However you can be done for driving without due care and attention should you drive with high intensity rear fog lights when it's not foggy.
  • Options
    MY front ones are always on, Audi have set my car up like it, apparently they are meant to be on all the time.

People who have their rear ones on when it rains though are complete mugs..!
  • Options
    don't volvo set up their cars to always have their lights on at all times too?

what annoys me more is full beam when there is no need. especially when driving through the back streets of hither green when going over loads of bumps and the lights behind keep blinding you when the car goes over the bumps.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]don't volvo set up their cars to always have their lights on at all times too?

They sure do, but that's more to do with where they originate from. Denmark/Sweden etc have laws that you must always drive with sidelights on. They proved that doing this reduced accidents....

Geek, me?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Middle lane hoggers with their fog lights on applying make up in their rear view mirror with their indicator still flashing!

Aaaarrrrggghhhhh

Ah, so that's how MCS used to drive the Mini....

ha ha very funny medders dood
  • Options
    yep - you have to have your lights on at all times over here (older cars are exempted) - it's impossible to drive my A4 without lights on

you can also turn left on a red light here - which eases traffic congestion no end
  • Options
    You can also shag moose legally, but I still wouldn't want to live ther
  • Options
    LOL
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]You can also shag moose legally, but I still wouldn't want to live ther

i think that is going to get me through the last 40mins today! brilliant
  • Options
    Addickted said:

You can also shag moose legally, but I still wouldn't want to live ther

This law still in effect?
  • Options
    Not sure but I've just checked his Facebook and he's currently enjoying a one-man holiday in Canada.

Maybe he's lonely.
  • Options
    Canadian prisons all have single cells.
  • Options
    I've taken to flashing my fog lights at drivers who have their fog lights on in clear weather. Not a single one has switched off their fog lights. I wish these small irritations didn't wind me up so much. I need to get a life.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've had four Browning 303s fitted to the front of the Land Rover.

Problem is, the ammo needed just for a morning commute is normally used up on middle lane hoggers. I'll have to be a bit more lenient, now the fog light brigade are out and about.

The Highway Code says that you should only use your fog lamps when the visibility drops below 100m.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Not sure but I've just checked his Facebook and he's currently enjoying a one-man holiday in Canada.

Maybe he's lonely.

I was a bit lonely, but not now thank you.

I've found a 'companion' for the evening.

• Options

I've taken to flashing my fog lights at drivers who have their fog lights on in clear weather. Not a single one has switched off their fog lights. I wish these small irritations didn't wind me up so much. I need to get a life.

It doesn’t just irrritate me, it almost blinds me. It seems that lots of new cars are made with extremely bright lights though so sometimes I’m not really sure who is to blame.
  • Options
    Rear fog lights switched on in rain/spray on a busy motorway is down right dangerous for following vehicles. They illuminate the spray which in turn severely reduces the visibility of brake lights.
  • Options
    Oakster said:

not as annoying as middle lane hoggers on an empty motorway - udsually oaps

grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Not in this country.
    It is usually people who drive Addison Lee or data cars
  • Options
    Front fogs are annoying but I can ignore them reasonably comfortably. Unnecessary rear fogs infuriate me like hell. Only to be used when visibility is reduced to 100yards or less is law for a good reason. They can be mistaken for brake lights, dazzle and confuse drivers behind and most dangerous of all, distract you from properly watching the road ahead. How much time do you spend transfixed by those bright red lights in front of you?

Living in Kent, the sheer amount of foreign lorries and vans with their headlights angled right makes night driving a constant menace.

But for front dazzling - I also blame car manufacturers for making access to headlight housing so ridiculously difficult in modern cars - some you practically have to dismantle the radiator to get access to the bulb housing. Anyone spent half an hour ripping your hand to pieces trying to fit a bulb, got 95% there and thought sod it, that’s close enough?

In turn, I now also blame Halfords for charging an extortionate £8 to fit a bulb! It used to be £2 and quite handy to just let them fit bulbs in cars with difficult/tiny access to the bulb housing. I bet loads of people say sod £8, I’ll do that myself. And then they feck it up, getting the shielded side positioned the wrong way round or not fully seated, which also dazzles oncoming drivers.

The headlight height adjuster wheel mounted on your dash can often be capable of aiming illegally high, and thus also dazzling. How many people driving at night stick that adjuster right up? Lights the road better doesn’t it? Yep, it’s also burning someone’s retinas out driving in the opposite direction. Fuckers!
  • Options
    Anyone else get annoyed, stopping at lights etc for the guy in front to ignore handbrake but keep his foot on brake, illuminating a Christmas tree of red, not quite as bright as fogs but only 6ft from your retinas.
  • Options

Anyone else get annoyed, stopping at lights etc for the guy in front to ignore handbrake but keep his foot on brake, illuminating a Christmas tree of red, not quite as bright as fogs but only 6ft from your retinas.

Mercedes seem to be the worst, all have brake lights as bright as headlights. No, you're not alone.