Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Arcade Fire

for any fans on this site, i went to see them last night in st john's church, Westminster, which was the most amazing place for a gig, it was seated, and there was silence between each song, no drinking or smoking in the venue.

the band left through the middle of the audience with their instruments (accordion, megaphone, double bass, french horn, and mini guitars) to move out the venue to the steps of the church to play their last song, and this is what i recorded as i was right near the the door that they played outside

arcade fire, st john's church

Comments

• Options
    I hate you! How did you get tickets? It must have been amazing.

I am going to see them at Brixton, which will obviously be great - but last night must have been something else!!!!!
  • Options
    it was my xmas present from my brother, he was going to try to blag some, but the promoter contacts he has said they weren't doing any comps for the whole week. but the guy organising it said he could sell them to my brother a day before they went on sale, so he bought 2 there and then.

if you're not up to much this week, then about 9.45 i'd get yourself to outside the church and wait for them to come out, and watch them sing that song. was amazing.

also there was an irish guy there last night who was walking around asking for a ticket, and he hung around from just before the doors opened at 7, being polite and friendly and with a little bit of cardboard asking if anyone had a spare. about 5 mins before it all started, he came in and there was a spare seat in front of us (it was unreserved seating) and people asked him how he got in, and he said "they just gave me a ticket" he had a big grin on his face. obviously he was lucky, but i'd recommend doing the same if i were you!

wish i was going brixton too...it'll go off! their new songs are superb, and regine is so cute with her little dancing!
  • Options
    I'm at the theatre tonight - if it finishes by then I'll hop in a cab down there!
  • Options
    There is a write up about the gig in the independent.
  • Options
    cheers, will check that out
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    five stars from The Guardian:

music.guardian.co.uk/pop/livereviews/story/0,,2001862,00.html

try it now!
  • Options
    guardian review

your link didn't work.

great write up.