Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FAO Curbit_it & Suzisausage (charlton life fc fitness coaches)

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
my preparation to gain something like match fitness (yeah right) took a bit of a knock over the weekend after being invited out, despite obvious temptation I stayed off the beer, mind you I nearly let the side down when we stopped to eat on the way home, but once again I resisted, but I must confess to asking for a Donor Kebab (without the meat) which surprised the guy behind the counter ; ) but my weight which was 14st 8lb in now, 14st 1lb, I have started to jogging in the evenings, funds raised so far are about £150 plus my 30 quid to play.

Comments

• Options
    congrats!!
    you can actually have a chicken kebab with the salad from a kebab shop and not feel too guilty. as long as you steer clear of the processed fatty meats, there is nothing wrong with the chicken and salad and a pitta.

keep it up! my efforts aren't going that great, although i'm considering entering the swimathon in a couple of months.
  • Options
    A vegetable kebab is also a good alternative... stick some chilli sauce on it and you'll never know the difference
  • Options
    You could have had a Donna Kebab - just eat the donna and throw away the salad and pitta, and just say your on the Atkins diet....yum yum!
  • Options
    medders, if chilli sauce is fattening I`ll never get it past the fun police, who`s motto seems to be if your paying £30 to play football, at least fit the shirt.
    and suzi, please the swimming quiet, its the only thing she hasn`t thought of in order to lose weight.
  • Options
    i think i need some of what you're on. tho i've not depressed myself by getting weighed.

pissed on friday and saturday and as punishment i was was made to do a circular walk yesterday which finished with me coming down Welling Way and walking up shooters hill back to well hall road. i ran it...

have a chicken shish kebab and feel no guilt whatsover
  • Options
    you should tell her that there is no point in her forcing you to lose weight by suggesting excercise or anything, if you dont want to lose it, then nothing she says/suggests will help.

its best she just encourages you for the work that you are doing, that'll give you incentive to lose more, and keep on going

its a great feeling getting on those scales and it showing that after all the hard work its worth it

christ, i should listen to my own advice and put down this pack of biscuits i'm making my way through.
  • Options
    TCE, if you are using Curb it and suzi as you fitness coaches you have no chance fella. FACT

they talk a good talk, but stick a bottle of wine and a bag of chips in front of them and its a different story....
  • Options
    ha ha yes, i think you have a point... i think he's actually lighter than me!! lol.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i think i need some of what you're on. tho i've not depressed myself by getting weighed.

pissed on friday and saturday and as punishment i was was made to do a circular walk yesterday which finished with me coming down Welling Way and walking up shooters hill back to well hall road. i ran it...

have a chicken shish kebab and feel no guilt whatsover

be careful where walk in Shootershill area, thats where I do the jogging, I`ve knackered most of the paving slabs. ; )
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]TCE, if you are using Curb it and suzi as you fitness coaches you have no chance fella. FACT

they talk a good talk, but stick a bottle of wine and a bag of chips in front of them and its a different story....

a bag of chips, I`ve just finished a fish salad (haddock of course) : (
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    my friend admitted yesterday that she has taken to licking crisps.....! she doesn't like to eat them, but loves the salt! how bad is that???

i got in about 8.30 last night, and drank half a bottle of wine..(finished it off from saturday night) that was after i went to the wedding show at excel, had a mexican meal in greenwich (high chaparel no longer have high tables) 3 glasses of wine, and 3 vodka and diet cokes. i then had a toasted cheese sandwich and a yoghurt at about 10.30

no wonder i had some funny dreams at 3am
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]ha ha yes, i think you have a point... i think he's actually lighter than me!! lol.
    That's only cos he's 4ft tall B! ;o)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]ha ha yes, i think you have a point... i think he's actually lighter than me!! lol.[/quote]
    That's only cos he's 4ft tall B! ;o)[/quote]

lol,after a hospital check up I should be over six foot, I`m 5`9ish, mind the dr who told me I was overweight, had the biggest gut I`ve seen for ages
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: the_covered_end[/cite]medders, if chilli sauce is fattening I`ll never get it past the fun police, who`s motto seems to be if your paying £30 to play football, at least fit the shirt.

Complete opposite mate. Chilli sauce, due to being spicy, will raise your metabolism....

Tell 'er that!
  • Options
    I yearn for a kebab

Every day for the last two weeks I have promised myself some bread pudding from greggs as and evening treat but so far I have resisted , think I will give in tomorow and do an extra mile on the treadmill to make up for it.
  • Options
    Drinking is the worst, do enough exercise & you can eat what you want fella.
  • Options
    Yes exercise very important i train at least 5 times a week and have been for some time now!i lost over 36lbs over a sensible period of time and to be honest you are what you eat and drink!however you can in my opinion still have a good time within reason of course as long as you are willing to put moderate to hard work evenly balanced in to a cardio regemie,weights good for tone but hard walking including hills,rowing,swimming,cycling and situps proper does work!But like everything does not happen over night
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]Yes exercise very important i train at least 5 times a week and have been for some time now!i lost over 36lbs over a sensible period of time and to be honest you are what you eat and drink!however you can in my opinion still have a good time within reason of course as long as you are willing to put moderate to hard work evenly balanced in to a cardio regemie,weights good for tone but hard walking including hills,rowing,swimming,cycling and situps proper does work!But like everything does not happen over night

Thanks for that Tavern, I tend to walk a lot especially weekends, as I spend most of the week strapped in the car, I play quite a bit of golf
    have weights & ski-ing machine thing, but to be honest I would much run around the streets of s/hill listening to a bit of music, than spend an hour on that machine.
  • Options
    take no notice of tavern covered end, he's my trainer and i've put on a stone since i met him.
  • Options
    Street running is extremely bad for you, I'd try and avoid it if I were you. Those cross trainers are excellent!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You are very welcome.Yes that s/hill thing is brilliant really helped me when i was aiming for my target weight
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]take no notice of tavern covered end, he's my trainer and i've put on a stone since i met him.[/quote]

lol,
    just got back from my run, weighed myself and put on 2ozs, he`s put the mocker`s on it : )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcpolo[/cite]Street running is extremely bad for you, I'd try and avoid it if I were you. Those cross trainers are excellent!
    Yes i totally agree with you cafcpolo!street running is the worst thing you can do over a period of time,covered end i meant hard hill walking and shootershill helped me with that,ps curb_it is always looking for a excuse
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: cafcpolo[/cite]Street running is extremely bad for you, I'd try and avoid it if I were you. Those cross trainers are excellent![/quote]
    Yes i totally agree with you cafcpolo!street running is the worst thing you can do over a period of time,covered end i meant hard hill walking and shootershill helped me with that,ps curb_it is always looking for a excuse[/quote]

would that explain the absolute agony from the front of my thighs? running down the hill is a bigger killer than coming back up
  • Options
    Go the other way mate and stop in the Bull at the top of the hill always works for me and numbs the pain also nice little curry house to replenish them much needed carbs near red lion lane!lol!works for me
  • Options
    Ooooh yes. Not only are you using them to run but your also trying to stop yourself at the same time. (Assuming you dont absolutely peg it down the hill). Try and stay off the concrete & away from hills unless your walking them.
    Make sure you warm up & down properly too. Both are extremely important.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]Go the other way mate and stop in the Bull at the top of the hill always works for me and numbs the pain also nice little curry house to replenish them much needed carbs near red lion lane!lol!works for me[/quote]

the bull, where do you think this gut come from in the first place. : )
  • Options
    Ha Ha sussed you
  • Options
    well i got tavern past there yesterday but it was hard work. he was close to tears. Next week i promised him we would stop if he was a good boy....
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]well i got tavern past there yesterday but it was hard work. he was close to tears. Next week i promised him we would stop if he was a good boy....[/quote]

my missus never gets me past the door, there`s alway`s someone I have to give a message ; )