Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Why I hate New Year's Eve ....

edited December 2010 in Not Sports Related
So, we're having a quiet family night in - just me, the missus and the two boys and we decide to play some Wii sports. The baseball games go well, we move on to the bowling. I step up ... STRIKE! Nice start. The missus steps up .... STRIKE! Though of a different sort.

The control has come out of her hand and hit our 3 year old just above the eye .... claret everywhere. A mortified wife, distraught older son and young one who wants to check out his cut in the mirror.

The wife is currently down A&E with the youngest and looks like I'll be celebrating midnight with my 9 year old alone .....

I HATE New Year's Eve. Always have and always will.

Happy 2011 everybody!

Comments

• fuck i hope the kids ok mate,this is the first one i have spent with my 13 year old since she was born so trying no keep it happy but feel quite sad as well,strange i am lol
  • All the best to your youngest. I have to agree, for me it's always been the most over-rated night of the year.
  • Sorry to read this.

Hope all is well.
  • Agree. Never have been a fan and it's actually a sad time for many people.

But............. we have 2011 to look forward to and a new Addicks!!!!!!! :-) Yessss.
  • I'm sure littl'un will be fine supaclive - superficial facial wounds tend to bleed like crazy even if they're not very serious. At worst he'll probably have a bit of a headache and an interesting scar and a story to tell his friends when he's older. Hopefully your mrs has managed to beat the rush of admissions for alcohol induced injuries at A&E.
  • New years is around the time my nan and grandad died so i hate it anyways. Hope your childs ok though mate
  • I would love to start a new thread due to the issue of whats happened to you - all the best to your son.

I hate NYE - am currently here with my gf half comatose due to getting herself all in a tizz - we went out, she was fine, then suddenly starts heaving (before midnight) and then she's in the toilet, i'm nearly thrown out due to going into the girls toilets to make sure she's ok. I get her home then she's panicking even more and calling for her dad when her mum, stepdad, brother, sister, me all looking after her. She speaks to her dad, she's all fine,then as soon as off the phone again, she starts getting herself into a tizz again.

Cut a long story short, as the clock strikes 12, we're in the toilet as she retches her guts up. Here 2 and half hours later we're doing the same thing in a bucket. She will regret all she's said and done in the morning.

FFS I HATE NEW YEARS

ps, supaclive, i don't want to trivialise your emergency but didnt want to start a new thread - again, all the best!
  • I hate NYE because I just don't get it. Loads of maudlin buggers moaning about the year they've just had .

I've spent a good part of my life and a hell of a lot of money going to various clubs and parties trying to force myself to have fun but in all honesty the only one I enjoyed was when I went to prague with a few others.

Last night I was in bed at 10 watching grumpy old new year and I was sound asleep by midnight with my phone off.

I've just been out for a 6k run and now I'm about to have breakfast to prepare me for the drive to Colchester
  • Son has glued cut just above the eyebrow. He seems fine. Got to oil it after a week so the scarring remains minimal if not completely invisible in later life.

Still hate NYE and "happy" to hear other stories like Tricky's as it really is an overhyped load of nonsense. If I want to party I can find a million better reasons to party for ...!
  • Kids, Grandad and Wii = bad combination.

I was just about to score a cracking vollyed goal when my 4 year old grandson walked straight in front of me. Almighty whack to his ear, he screams the place down, Mum and Dad come running and I feel terrible. He's been going round for the rest of Christmas showing everyone the big black bruise behind his ear saying my Grandad done it!
  • Sponsored links:

• I spent new years eve (and much of this morning) trying to convince my girlfriends sister not to top herself, her boyfriend dumped her yesterday with very, very nasty words and actions = git.

I have always hated NYE, it's all a bit fake and full of empty promises, like the stupid concept of NY resolutions: next year we're gonna do this, the world will be better, we must all do this. Borrocks!

I always wonder how the homeless must feel watching that (ever so) spectacular (and expensive) firework display over the Thames every year. It's like rubbing their faces in it, being that most congregate in that area of London.

Well hopefully all the pissed up revellers handed out a bit of dosh to the poor blighters to compensate, but knowing London they probably gave one a good kick in for a bit of fun! Oh shit here I go again, see I hate NYE, I really do, it's so fake, like a lot of people these days.
  • [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]Kids, Grandad and Wii = bad combination.

I was just about to score a cracking vollyed goal when my 4 year old grandson walked straight in front of me. Almighty whack to his ear, he screams the place down, Mum and Dad come running and I feel terrible. He's been going round for the rest of Christmas showing everyone the big black bruise behind his ear saying my Grandad done it!

This is the single biggest reason I WILL NOT buy a Wii for the kids, they're dangerous man. Every one who has one has a story like this (like the ones above). Not wishing to make light of the stories above BUT they are kind of funny: I volleyed my little grandson in the head, jeez, chortle, chortle
  • Why i hate new years eve..

Getting picked up to go colchester in 20 mins and i still feel sick in bed.
  • [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite].

The control has come out of her hand and hit our 3 year old just above the eye ....

You mean the saftey strap that you put round your wrist snapped?
  • Why not book a lane at the bowling alley instead?
  • I don't much like it anyway as we both are not drinkers so not much point and all the cinemas and theatres are closed. But did yesterday have to go to bed earlier as sick and am missing Colchester match today as too poorly to go :(
  • New Years Eve is a complete rip off thats why i prefer spending it at home with a few cans.
  • no-one is forcing anyone to get involved in all the bullshit

I usually dj new years eve and get paid a fortune, bar staff usually get double as do engineers etc on call out rostas.

Watched jools holland and sent one of these paper hot air things up this year and it was very pleasant
  • Me and the family spent the night in with influenza.She's been around most of the week to be fair.Ripped through us like a tornado.The house looks like a bloody bomb's hit it.There's no food in the house,not that we want any.My pregnant wife can't speak.My normally on the go 24/7 beautiful little boy has hardly moved since wednesday,and i'm waiting for a call from the emergency doctor to see what our next move is.

I F****** HATE CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR!