Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wheeze, Jimineezz and Vooonery taleOber happening today 31/12 /10

Course it's not but thought it would be exciting to start another bollocks countdown to close of business here?

Comments

• Options
    And if it does happen today, told you here first, FACT etc.
  • Options
    Brilliant !
  • Options
    Brilliant !
  • Options
    Nice!
  • Options
    African woman on the DLR this morning asking directions to Charlton...she had a large suitcase with her - possibly this was full of used £50 notes - certainly seems enough to start a rumour anyway...
  • Options
    Statement to be announced at 11am today. I may be making this up
  • Options
    BRE

are you just joining in the fun or are you aware of something

statement to be announced sounds like it has fallen through ;-(
  • Options
    From Doctor Kish:-

All the major Charlton sites will see heavy traffic today as the new owners of the club are expected to be revealed.

The finishing touches were sorted yesterday in an afternoon meeting at The Valley. Part of the Valley tour package is lunch in the boardroom but that was relocated as there was an afternoon meeting.

Keith Peacock said this is going to be a great day in the history of the club. Tim Breacker was saying that it would be nice if Charlton could compete with some of their rivals financially, so it would appear that the signs are there will be money to spend.

The fact that it was Breacker and not Phil Parkinson talking to the press may be another sign of imminent transfers. Parkinson could have been involved in player recruitment.
  • Options
    Parky was at a funeral FACT
  • Options
    According to here Parkinson was at a funeral yesterday

I really hope that today is the day i have had my fill of this whole thing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Parkinson was at a funeral.
  • Options
    Announcement expected at 5pm.

Of course I'd just made that up, but if there is any news around that time I can claim my non existent sources were correct and how I was in the know.
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]According to here Parkinson was at a funeral yesterday
    Definitely not a rumour, came from the club on twitter to explain why Breacker spoke to the press.
  • Options
    16.30 today you will here the all you need to no about the takeover i repeat 16.30 forget other times this is when
  • Options
    I'll go for 4pm, just to make it look like I've got insider knowledge of what's going on.

Pic on the OS of Wise holding a CAFC shirt by 4.57pm...;o)
  • Options
    I don't know what jokers you've all been speaking to, my source has told me 2pm, nailed on fact.
  • Options
    I heard it was 2pm but the Press Suite has been booked for a Greenwich Council Quit Smoking, Drinking and Sex Programme and so it has been brought forward to 12.15pm especially as some of those attending the Press Announcement are also due to attend the other meeting ;-)
  • Options
    2.42am nailed on.
  • Options
    you are all wrong, it will be held at 5 past 7 this evening, or 1905 so that the new owners can demonstrate their clear understanding of the club's history
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I heard it was 2pm but the Press Suite has been booked for a Greenwich Council Quit Smoking, Drinking and Sex Programme and so it has been brought forward to 12.15pm especially as some of those attending the Press Announcement are also due to attend the other meeting ;-)

So true!
  • Options
    The clue is in the thread title. Taleober is German for takeover.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]African woman on the DLR this morning asking directions to Charlton...she had a large suitcase with her - possibly this was full of used £50 notes - certainly seems enough to start a rumour anyway...

No that was the £2 million pounds she emailed me about, probably. At last!
  • Options
    Great another day of checking my phone every 10 minutes, interesting comment from sir Keith.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sam3110[/cite]Parky was at a funeral FACT

His own, possibly?
  • Options
    Well that's me all set - Official site open, Charlton Life open, official twitter and SLP twitter open and Sky Sports News running in the background. If it happens I think I have all angles covered - except I'm out to lunch!! Argh!!!"!
  • Options
    If it was going to happen today, I think we would have heard something by now. Suspect if it is imminent that announcement will coincide with the sky game on Monday.
  • Options
    its today
  • Options
    Bernie Eccelestone. Just a last guess.
  • Options
    if someone had started a sweepstake for all the guesses we've had at announcements over the last couple of years, we could have bought the club ourselves. lol ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Simon E[/cite]if someone had started a sweepstake for all the guesses we've had at announcements over the last couple of years, we could have bought the club ourselves. lol ;-)

or we could have had a Tea Party...
  • Options
    Boston ! Who would that be ?